Ch.22

Melo's POV

" kai come on baby we gotta get your shoes on your mums gonna be here soon" I said to kai sitting her down on the couch.

It's been about 3 months since we got back from Hawaii and everything is going great Maya's been here every weekend to see kairo and her and kai are getting along great. Kai loves seeing maya now she's getting used having her around and I'm slowly trusting her a bit more with Kai. she's started taking kai to kindergarten a couple times a week.

" daddy are you picking me up from kinder or mummy" kai asked.

" I will be baby" I said. Kai nodded. We heard a knock on the door.

" mummy's here" kai said grabbing her bag. I went to open the door.

" morning melo" maya said with a smile.

" morning maya" i said with a smile.

" mummy" kai said with a smile.

" hi my baby are you ready to go" maya said kai nodded and started walking out the door.

" ah hold up baby are you missing something" I said bending down pointing to my cheek with a smile. Kai giggled running up to me.

" bye daddy I love you" kai said giving me a kiss and a cuddle.

" I love you baby have a good day" I said giving her a kiss and a cuddle. I put her on the ground she ran straight to the car and the were off.

I headed to basketball practice then after that I decided to visit my parents. I pulled into the driveway and parked my car.

" yooo" I yelled as I walked through the door.

" in the kitchen son" I heard my dad yell back. I walked into the kitchen.

" hey y'all" I said.

" hey honey" my mum said.

" hey son" my dad said. " how's everything going with maya" my dad asked.

" ever since we talked when we were in Hawaii everything had a been great she see's Kai every weekend and kai loves having her around now" i said with a smile on my face.

" that's great honey what about you and maya" my mum asked.

" we are great co parenting is fantastic she's slowly earning my trust back" I said.

" that's great son but are you guys getting back together" my dad asked. I know this question was gonna come up.

" it was something I wanted when I found out she was alive but to honest it's not right now everything is going great right now but that's not to say we won't be together in the future just not right now" i said. They both nodded.

I decided to head home and do some cleaning then go pick kai up from kindergarten. I was about to get my phone started ringing it was maya.

" wassup Pooh" I said answering the phone.

" ugh melo I hated that name when we were together I hate it now" maya said laughing I laughed as well.

" how can I help you" I said.

" next weekend your going out of town for your game and your taking kai right" maya asked.

" yeah why" I asked.

"Well I was wondering can kai stay with me or can I come with you guys and make it a lil family trip" maya asked. I actually liked the idea of maya coming it's good for kai to see us getting along.

" come with us it will be good for kai to see us getting along plus it will be like old times when you used to come with me to my out of town games" I said.

" okay great where are we going and for how long" maya asked.

" Miami and 3 days so you don't need 4 suite cases" i said laughing.Maya laughed as well we said our goodbye's and hung up. I walked into kai's kinder and walked towards her class.

" kairo your dads here" I heard miss may say.

" daddy" kai said running towards me.

" hey baby how's was kinder" I said giving her a kiss on the forehead.

" it was good daddy but can gia and maddy come over for a sleep over tonight" kai asked.

" not tonight baby they come tomorrow night after you see your mum" i said.

" Otay daddy" kai said with a smile. As we were leaving I heard someone call my name.

" melo" I turned around it was maddy and gia's mum.

" hey tia" I said.

" hey the girls were asking about a sleep over" tia said.

" yeah kai just asked me I was going to call you when I got home to talk about the girls are more then welcome to stay tomorrow night" I said.

" okay great what time can I drop them off" tia asked.

" 1 o'clock kai sees her mum on the weekends so they can come over after" I said.

" okay great" tia said.

" do they have any dietary requirements" I asked.

" no not at all just not to much sugar" tia said with a Giggle.

" don't have to worry about that kai's not allowed a lot of sugar anyway" I said laughing a little bit.

" okay great I'll see you at 1 o'clock tomorrow" tia said.

" see you then bye" I said walking to the car holding kai's hand. We got in the car and headed home and chilled for the rest of the afternoon.