Ch.17

Melo's POV

It's been a week since the judge assigned supervised visits and today is the first visit maya's coming over to my house because I thought it would be where kai is most comfortable.

I've explained the situation to kai and she seems to understand the only thing I'm worried about is that she doesn't really want to see maya. Kai said that if her mum left us then she doesn't want to meet her.

" kai your mum is on her way" I said to kai who was sitting in my bed watching tv.

" no daddy" was all kai said then went back to watching toy story 1.

" baby I understand that you feel some type of way but what happened to you being upset that you didn't get to meet" I said. Kai looked at me with a grumpy face. Oh god my baby's about to throw a tantrum.

" that was before you told me she weft us daddy I don't want to see her" kai said crossing her arms going back to watching her movie. I just left her and didn't push the issue.

About an hour later I heard a knock on the door I opened it. It was maya.

" hey" maya said.

" hey" I said stepping to the side so she could come in.

" where's kairo" maya asked.

" she's up stairs in my bed watching tv just give her a little bit of time to warm up to the idea because right now she doesn't want a bar of it" I said to maya who looked like she was about to cry.

" I understand" maya said looking down.

" I'll go and get her and maybe we could just sit and talk for a little bit" I said maya nodded. I walked up stairs to my room kai was still watching tv.

" baby your mums here and she really wants to me you" I said.

" no" was all kai said crossing her arms.

" baby I understand that you don't like this but just come meet her and if you feel uncomfortable you can come back into daddy's bed" i said.

" Otay daddy" kai nodded and put her arms up for me to pick her up so I did. We walked down stairs to the living room where maya was sitting on the couch. When maya saw us she stood up wiping the tears falling down her face.

" kai this is your mum" i said.

" hi kairo I'm your mummy" maya said. Kai hid her head in my neck.

" hi" kai said shyly.

" kai do you to show your mum some of your toys" i said. She shook her head no and put her head further into my neck.

" maybe we should watch a movie" I suggested.

" yeah I think that's a good idea" maya said.

We put on toy story 2 because kai chose it. I would be lying if I said it wasn't awkward because it is extremely awkward. Kairo doesn't want anything to do with maya right now but I can't blame her. No child wants to hear that their mother faked her death and walked out on them.

After the movie was over we decided that it was enough for kai today.

" she doesn't want anything to do with me" maya said as I was walking her out.

" can you blame her maya she's getting used to the fact that your alive" i said. Maya didn't say anything and rolled her eyes. " you have to give her time you can't just come back into her life and expect everything to go back to the way it was maya" I said calmly.

" whatever melo see you next time" maya said walking to her car and leaving.

I walked back into the living room to see Kai playing with her toys I sat on the couch watching tv. We didn't really do much for the rest of the day we just hung out and chilled for the rest of the day.