Ch.18

Melo's POV
I woke up to kairo's cries I looked at the clock it 4 am.
" daddy" i could hear my baby crying. I got up and went to kairo's room.

"Daddy" kairo cried. I pick her up.

" hey hey shh shh baby daddy's got you" I said holding my baby gently rocking her back and forth. I went straight into the kitchen and made her a bottle with warm milk in it. Once her bottle was ready i went to my to bed and laid back down with Kai in my arms cuddling her while she drank her milk and we both drifted back to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm going off it was 7am. I looked over at kairo who was still fast asleep. It was Sunday and I didn't have anything to do today I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep for a little while.

I was woken up an hour later by someone banging on my front door. I looked over kai she was still asleep I put pillows around her so she wouldn't fall off the bed and went to answer the door. I opened the door to be greeted by an angry maya.

" what the hell is wrong with you why was some random chick raising my daughter" maya barged into the house yelling.

" okay first of all be quiet because your gonna wake up kairo and second off all what the hell are you talking about" i said a little annoyed because I got woken up for this.

" I went down to kairo's kindergarten this morning to give them my information and to be put as her second emergency contact and they told me that there was already a second emergency contact some girl named Ashley and only you can change that" maya said.

" yeah I put Ashley as kai emergency contact because we were together when I enrolled her and honestly Ashley was her acting mum because her real one left so you can't come barging in my house unannounced waking me up to yell at me when your weren't here" I said raising my voice a little bit.

" well I want her gone she's not allowed to see kairo anymore and she's to be taken off the emergency contact and me put on" maya said.

" no maya you don't run shit I'm not going to take Ashley out of kairo's life her life has been turned upside with you coming back and I'm not going to make it worse" I said maya's faced turned red from anger.

" how do you expect me and kairo to form a bond if you won't let me" maya said.

" are you kidding me i am letting you you get to see her every weekend you saw her yesterday I don't trust you yet maya you have a long way to before I or kairo can trust you" I said.

" this is not fair I want to see kairo more" maya said.

" what's not fair maya you walking out leaving kairo or the fact the that my baby girl thought that she did something wrong and that's why you left or that you left me I was 17 to maya I was a 17 year single dad I struggled so much I had school and my career but I still managed to be the best dad I could be and you know what maya I wouldn't change that for the world. The day I found out you faked your death I laid in bed with my baby in arms and thought who could ever leave you" I said wiping my tears that fell down my cheeks. Maya went to say something but I cut her off.

" I was heart broken when I found out you left me but I was more heart broken for kairo so I don't want to hear this isn't fair bullshit when I feel like kairo and I can trust you then you can see her more but honestly maya it's been almost 2 months since these visits started and almost every Saturday night kairo wakes up at 4 am screaming for me because she's had a nightmare she's scared that you and your parents are gonna take her away from me because it's almost happened twice" I said. " just leave maya I'll see you next weekend" i said walking up the stairs not even wanting to hear what maya had to say anymore.