Ch.6

I sat on the couch reading the letter again for the 100th time in the past 30 minutes. Maya's parents are suing me for full custody of kairo I don't understand why they want to take my baby away. They have an open invitation to see her when ever they wanted to but they never put the effort in to see her. I just don't understand why they want full custody I'm not letting them take my baby away from me. I still had maya's parents number I texted her mum Tyra.

Melo
I just got the envelope I'm so confused tyra why are you suing for full custody over kai you have an open invitation to see her

Tyra
We haven't seen kairo since she was one we wanted to see more of our granddaughter and we want kairo to have a normal life and not be in the spot light

Melo
That's not my problem Tyra you guys could have come over to see her whenever you wanted you could have taken her for the night all you had to do was ask your not taking my baby away and she has a normal like

Tyra
We are pursuing full custody we will see you in court in 2 weeks

I didn't reply.

" fuck" I threw my phone at the wall I was so angry that someone who watched me and maya grow up together and saw how in love we were would do something like this to me. I sat on the couch I put my head in my hands and cried out of anger.

" daddy" I heard kairo call for me.
" yeah baby I'm in the living room" I said wiping my tears away. " wussup princess" I said looking at kai.
" I heard loud noise and it woke me up" kai said rubbing her eyes.
" I'm sorry baby daddy dropped his phone" I said trying to make sure kairo doesn't see me up set it didn't work.
" daddy why are you crying" kairo said coming up to me getting on my lap " are you okay" she said wiping my tears.
" I'm okay baby I just saw something that made me a little upset" I said wiping more tears away.
" do you know what helps me when I'm upset daddy" kairo said.
" what helps you baby" I asked kai.
"Warm milk and a cuddle" kairo said.
" that sound like a good idea baby" I said. "Should we make some milk and watch a movie in daddy's bed" I asked.
" but I'm not allowed to watch tv until tomorrow" kai said.
" your allowed to watch tv now princess" I said to kai with a smile.
We went into the kitchen and made some warm milk I turn off all of the lights and locked the doors and picked up my phone thankfully it's not broken. Kai and I headed up stairs we got comfy in my bed I sat up against the head bored and kairo sat on my lap with her back facing me and her head on my shoulder.

" what movie to you want to watch kai" I asked turning the tv on.
"Toy story 2 daddy" she said. Of course I should have  known she'd pick that it's her favourite movie.
" you really like that movie huh princess" i said putting the movie on.
" yes daddy it's my favourite movie" kai said giggling.

20 minutes into the movie kai and I both fell asleep.

I woke up at 7am the next morning. I went into the bathroom and had a shower when I was done I got dressed. I walked into my room kai was still asleep on my bed I couldn't stop thinking about mayas parents and custody I just don't understand why they are doing this. I got pulled out of my thoughts I heard my phone ringing it was Kayla.
" hey wassup" I said answering the phone.
" oh thank god your up could you please pick me and Ryder up and drop us off at work and kinder my car won't start" Kayla asked.
" yeah just let me get Kai up dressed and fed and I'll come get you" I said over the phone.
" thank you I'll cya soon bye" Kayla said hanging up the phone.
I look down at kai I gently rock her to wake her up she started to stir.
"Come on baby it's time wake up" I said to kai.
" mmm no daddy not yet " kai said. If you can't tell Kai is not a morning person.
"Come kai you gotta go to kindergarten today" i said now laying next to my daughter. She cuddle into me closer and started to fall back asleep.