Ch.13

Melo's POV
" we are gonna go bro we'll talk tomorrow" zo said as him a Denise walked out the door I nodded. Shit how am I going to explain this to kai.

" baby come here" I said to kai she walked over me I pulled her on to my lap.

" daddy is my mummy really alive" kai asked looking up at me. I took a deep breath and blow it out.

" yeah baby she is that lady you saw tonight at daddy's game that looked like mummy was your mummy" I said to kai.

" but but you said she was with the angle why why would you lie daddy you told me lying was bad" my baby girl said bursting into tears which broke my heart.

" baby daddy didn't lie I would never lie to you I didn't know until tonight" I said wiping away kairo's tears.

" how about we go to bed and get some sleep and we will talk more about this in the morning" i said to kai she nodded. At least this will give me time to think about what I'm going to say. I pick kai up and we walked into the room we got into bed kai laid on my chest.

" good night daddy I lub you" kai said.

" good night baby I love you to" I said kissing her on the head. In minutes we were both asleep.

The next morning came around quick I was woken up by some one knocking on the hotel room door. I opened my eyes and saw kai still asleep I walked out of the room.

" I'm coming hold on" I said walking to the door I opened it and saw maya standing there.

" what are you doing here and how did you even find where I was staying" I said walking out of the room closing the door but still leaving it open a crack.

" we'll it wasn't hard your photo is all over the internet of you walking into the hotel" maya said.

" how did you know what room I was staying in" I asked.

" I told the guy in the lobby I was your girlfriend and I was surprising you and slipped him $20" maya said.

" why are you here maya" I asked.

" I want to see my daughter" maya said i just stared at her.

"No not until I can figure out how to tell her why you left us she already knows your alive because she over heard me and zo talking last night" I said.

" I will take you to court lamelo" maya said.

" go a head I wasn't the one who walked out you were and I will be telling the judge that when he asks why I won't let you see her I'll also say I was trying to find a away to tell my daughter why her mother faked her death. give me time maya I'm still processing this myself you've been gone for 3 years you can't just expect everything to go back to normal it takes time maya I want you to meet kai and I want us to be together again but I'm going to need more then 12 hours" I said. Maya went to say something but was cut off by the sound of zo amd Denise walking down the hall way. When Denise saw maya she stopped dead in her tracks.

" hey zo and Denise" maya said.

" hi" zo said back Denise didn't say anything she walked up to maya and just slapped her across the face zo and I were shocked we didn't know what to say.

" how dare you fake your death and leave behind that beautiful little girl and good man like melo and then come back and threaten him by saying your gonna take him to court" Denise said very angry maya didn't say anything she held her cheek and tried to hold back the tears. I felt bad for maya but Denise did have a point she didn't need to get violent though.

" I'm just gonna go" maya said walking off. I wanted to go after her but I just froze.

" I'm so sorry melo I don't know what came over me I'm just so angry" Denise said. We walked into my hotel room I closed the door behind me.

" it's okay that your angry but did you really have to slap her" I said.

" to be honest melo I don't even know why I did that" Denise said.

" I found out something last night that your not going to like melo" Denise said.

" and what's that" I asked sitting down in the couch.

" maya's parents knew she was alive 4 months before they decided to take you to court for full custody of kairo" Denise said.