𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟒: 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐞

Song: Freaks by Jordan Clarke

Closing the door softly behind me, I kicked off my shoes and held it in my free hand, since my other shoulder was weighed down by my equipment, and almost moaned in content at the soft carpeting kissing my feet

"Blake?" A voice called down the hallway. "Is that you?"

Smiling at the sound, I started walking down replied, "Yeah it's me, Eileen. Coming." My steps quickened to the living room coming face-to-face with a familiar sight.

"There you are Blake," Eileen said merrily. Her voice had a deep brogue to it thanks to her heritage. "You're a bit later than usual today."

Her brown eyes from behind the hot pink cat-eye glasses she wore, a lone white-blond strand escaped from the bun held loosely in the middle of her head seated on the wide light blue sectional couch, her pale wide fingers toying with Ayika's long dreads.

I had a new job from the school's newspaper today which was also the reason I didn't let Flint take the camera.

"It came out great," I told her with a smile. It wasn't one of the hard ones. "Think I'll go to the zoo again. The baby tiger smiled at me."

Eileen's round cheeks went wide at that. "That's so cute. I have to see that."

A snort came from the chair unimpressed.

"That's because it wanted to eat you," Ayika said half-turning where she lay on Eileen's lap where a long cornflower dress covered, her wide coffee brown eyes peering at me.

"I don't get it. The hoodie makes it think you have much meat to offer."

I tried not to wince at that, even if I knew she was joking.

Eileen stopped massaging her scalp at her words. "That's not nice Ika," she scolded.

Ayika groaned at the loss of contact, but at Eileen's stare she sat up in the chair and brought up a hand to rub her neck, causing the black long thick dreads coloured brown at the ends to fall on one side of her face.