𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟏𝟓: 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬

Song: Stay with Me by Miki Matsubara

Dedicated to Kazuki Takahashi

You will be greatly missed.

"Huh?"

Jaz's brow arched up. "Weren't you listening?"

We sat in the deserted dugout again. Somehow, we'd collided after classes and she said she had to tell me something.

But I never imagined it being this.

Her eyes turned to slits at my silence. "Blake-"

"I was, I swear." I shook my head aggressively and raised my hands to protect myself. When she pulled back, they fell to my lap, curling into loose fists.

"No. Jason wants you over." Jaz rolled her eyes and leaned back against the concrete wall, now looking up at the ceiling. "He says you're cool because you like comics and movies."

My cheeks went hot at those words. He said I was cool.

It may seem ridiculous for a three-year-old's words to make me feel this way but I couldn't help it.

"He's awesome too."

"Yeah, he is." Jaz's voice went soft. Jason was lucky to have a sister like her. "I, on the other hand, didn't plan on seeing you again."

The smile died on my lips at those words.

"Oh," I let out quietly, shifting my feet. "I won't come if it makes you uncomfortable."

It's the last thing that I wanted.

Her head twisted to meet mine with a frown. "What the fuck? This isn't about me, it's about Jason."

"But it's your home," I argued further. "That's why-"

"Blake!"

My lips clamped together at the warning in her voice, and the pinching of her nose bridge like a headache had formed.