𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟏𝟕: 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬

Song: 1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back by Olivia Rodrigo

"Hey, Jax

"Hey, Jax."

A snort came from him. "That's it?" He asked in disbelief. "Hey, Jax? Seriously Jaz, what are you doing here?" He was dressed in a blue tee that was unbuttoned at the top and paired with denim and sneakers.

My arms uncrossed, one falling on my hip while the other hung limply. "Funny," I said dryly. I didn't realise I had a bedtime."

"Funny," he returned in the same tone. "I didn't realize you were a comedian." Then he shook his head. "Seriously. You're supposed to be watching Jason."

"Supposed to?" Anger flared hot and swiftly in my chest. He didn't get to say that.

"He's our younger brother. When was the last time you spent time with him?"

His eyes narrowed. "I spend time with him."

"Oh really?" I fired back in disbelief. "When?"

"When you're not around," Jax replied simply. Then shrugged his shoulders. "It doesn't matter. If you're here, and I'm here who is watching him?" Ten a thought dropped, "Dad?"

I scoffed, propping my other hand on my hip. "Don't be dumb. Ms Cassano is." He didn't reply but stared at me intensely making me wonder.

"What are you fucking staring at?"

"What happened to your arm?"

My brow went up, confused further. "My what?" I asked, darting my eyes to where he was talking about and saw a darkening bruise around my bicep.

Flint.

"And your dress?" His eyes moved from my side to my eyes, hooded with anger. "Who did it?"

The protectiveness in his tone made my heart clench. Maybe it was screwed up of me to be warmed by it, but right now, I was grateful for it; a break from arguing.

"Jaz?" There was an impatient edge to his tone.

"It was Flint, okay?" I let out, quietly, raising a hand to stop him from asking questions. "I've dealt with him for the evening."