𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟕: 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

Song: Overwhelmed by The Royal Serpent

The day was finally here

"This year's PSAT was nothing short of promising with stellar results." Principal Benoit's deep voice echoed in the auditorium. "So, to the candidates at the top, I say congratulations. Some universities have inquired after you."

I felt my chest expand at those words.

"And to those who aren't," she continued, her sharp eyes roving around. "There is still time to improve before the SAT'S. I believe that you all can reach your potential if you work the right way for it. Use these scores as your stepping stone to go higher if you so wish."

My fingers dug into the cotton pads on the arms of the seat I was on, feet raised from the floor.

Come on, come on.

"The results are up on the notice board outside and will be taken down at the end of this week," she kept on saying. "So, you don't have to rush to check it."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at that. There was no need to wait because it wasn't going to change.

Principal Benoit gave a nod of her head and stepped to the side for the vice principal who took the stage.

"Without further ado," the assistant said a little bit too cheerfully. "I wish you all a good day ahead and a week. You are dismissed."

Before anyone started to leave, I'd already picked up my bag and got to my feet, ready to bolt until a voice stopped me.

"What's the rush?"

My head turned to meet the girls and Bryan who were getting to their feet, sending me curious looks.

"Well," I wanted to reply. "Considering I didn't get any sleep during that period with the studying and waited more than a month for this, I think I was a bit entitled to the fruits of my labour.

Not to mention that I had a good feeling about this. And I hadn't had this since Erica agreed to train me.

"I don't want to get there after class," was my plausible response. "Crowds and all that."