𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟏𝟗: 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭

Song: When Will I see you Again by Shakka

"So

"So...I got an unexpected phone call today."

Shutting the dishwasher, I looked over my shoulder with a cocked brow. "Oh yeah?" I inquired. "From who?"

My dad looked up from his dinner- stir fry pasta with chicken, to me with an entranced look on his face.

"Eileen. Muyang-Coughin." He punctuated her name in a reverent manner that had me trying to hide my smile. "Can you believe that?"

I shrugged before taking up a rag and cleaning at the counter at the stray food Jason had dropped while eating. He's been insisting on feeding himself.

"Of course, I can. You're a brilliant architect dad."

"Oh?" His tone turned to tease. "And it doesn't have to do with my gorgeous daughter that somehow knows their son?"

Fuck.

My movements seized for a second but I resumed, throwing my dad a quick grin. "I can't take all the credit," I said playfully.

After listening to Blake's voice message, I'd freaked out, then calmed down realizing that it wasn't obviously a date, just dinner that his moms invited me to. So, I called back and asked him if Jason could come partially because my brother missed him and I didn't want to take advantage of Ms Cassano.

"Really?" He mused. "And here I thought you'd tell me how you became someone's hero."

I threw my head back and groaned not so quietly at that causing my dad to laugh loudly.

Way to go Blake.

Hurried footsteps padded across the floor. "What are you talking about?"

My eyes squeezed tight to the point of pain at the sound of my twin.

This whole thing feels like a déjà vu.

My dad took another forkful of his food. "Eileen Muyang-Coughin."