𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟐𝟐: 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

Song: I Wish You Would by Taylor Swift

Unlike Lucas' cab, Dr Saadeh's BMW was bigger and smelled much better

But it wasn't comfortable.

"Aren't we going to talk about it?"

She halted her footsteps and turned around to meet my eyes. "Talk about what?"

I glared at her from where I stood by the car door parked underneath a low-hanging tree not too far off from the old building where Lucas had directed us.

Like most of Garron, it was littered with rubbish, the gate was practically hanging on by rusted irons that I had to put on surgical gloves per Doc's orders to avoid an infection to open for her.

And the building?

Whoever built it decided to go for the creepiness by planting it far away from the public, with trees towering and surrounding the two-storey floor with broken windows or none at all in some places, washed out paint that was covered in mould running up and down the sides mixed with graffiti.

It was a fucking death trap waiting for people to come in and take it as its final meal.

"About what happened in the cab," I said firmly, placing my hands on my hips. "About your family and why you're so attached to finding my mum."

And why you left her.

I didn't say the last bit, because, after a while of reflection, she was right. She couldn't change my mother's mind and respected her choices.

Throughout the ride, she'd dodged it by listening to a radio station hooked from her phone but they spoke too fast and always screamed 'Berekete' in intervals. It gave me headache.

Her face hardened. "No."

"No?"

She crossed her arms over the other. "Wallahi Tallahi, no. I don't want to talk about my parents, Jasmine. Not today." Then she started forward.

Before I could say anymore, she whirled around giving me her back and strode forward determined, the hem of her long green pants licking at her ankles.

"Now let's go," she called from up front. "I have prayers and other things to do soon."