𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟓: 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐞

"Morning Jaz

"Morning Jaz."

My head rose to meet my father amble through the entry of the kitchen, one hand disappearing into his blond mess of curls in an attempt to be presentable.

"Good morning dad," I replied, taking a sip of my juice, internally jumping at the way it hit the right spot on the way down. "How was your night?"

"You mean my morning," he corrected, flashing a small smile in my direction and at the same time flicking on the coffee maker with a stained thumb from one of his stencils no doubt. He loved doing the work on paper first before getting it digitized. "I got in late yesterday."

"Ooh..."

His eyes slit at my teasing and I threw my hands up in the air. "Hey. You set a curfew and didn't make it. Think I'm allowed to take some jabs."

"Really?"

I tipped my chin up in the air. "Absofuc- I mean freaking lutely." The curse got changed mid-way realizing he was my dad.

"You're getting off easy anyways." I took another sip of my juice. "You should see how I deal with Jax."

He snorted in disbelief. "I don't need to see it. Trust me, the sounds he makes tell me exactly how you're dealing with him."

"Hey," my protest came out high. "I didn't know it would be that bad."

It was true. How was I supposed to know that he was that light?

Three things. Alarms, no answer and a suplex.

Do the math.

"Jason is so much easier."

His lips curled at the mention of the three-year-old. "Is he in school already?" I gave a nod. "Good. Thanks."

I waved it off. My little brother helped me in being punctual. At four a.m., he would come to my room, telling me it's morning, then he'd watch some cartoons while I worked out. After an hour, we'd get ready and eat before I got the driver, dropping him off at school with a hug. Then I'd come home and get my stuff before going to school.