𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟏𝟎: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩

Song: Photograph by Ed Sheeran

"We're here," Jaz said

"We're here," Jaz said. I detected a bit of humour in her words. "You can open your eyes now."

"Give me a moment." My hand clapped over my lips as bile rose from my stomach, forcing it back down. "Or two," I mumbled.

Turned out Jaz was a bit of a speedster but when Jason wasn't around because he was under the age of four.

But above thirteen, I bet there were no holds barred.

"No can do." The door slammed on her words. "We're already late as it is."

After getting my gut under control, I came out of the car with my bag full of equipment on one shoulder, the other used to shield my eyes from the hot sun.

From what I'd heard from the entrance of the estate, we were at Twin Hollow Beach, still in New York.

If I had to mention one thing I missed about LA, it wouldn't be my home where I spent time with a mother whose cancer took from me or the different people that came to my neighbourhood.

It would be the beach. It's salty air, the warmth of the sun and laughter spilling from the people splashing themselves and castles being built to make you feel like a royal even for a mere couple of hours.

It would be enough.

The crackle of a roaring bonfire, buckets full of seashells, a refreshing and never tiring drink from the coconuts and first savouring bite into the meals brought from home or treats bought in a store.

The memories keep you alive, even when you don't want to be.

I snapped out of my reverie as Jaz stood on the pathway leading up to the white mansion with big show windows we'd parked in front of, a hand propped on one hip, the other with a tote bag, her black hair up in a ponytail being gently blown at by the breeze.

I could see the years being at the gym on her body built like an Amazonian from the toned arms with little scars here and there glinting under the sun, a simple white tank top over her black flowy skirt that kissed her ankles.