𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 # 𝟏𝟏 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: 𝐆𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

Song: Meet me at our spot by Willow Smith, THE ANXIETY, Tyler Cole

I was not angry

I was not angry.

I was pissed.

As my feet took me down the familiar flight of wooden steps that lead us to the beach, the sound of people, music and the sea hit me all at once, slightly lightening my mood.

The beach stretched out for miles, white sand with bits of the sea some hidden and the rest exposed on it, glittering like precious stones under the bright sun, stretched for miles.

It was so peaceful.

Awareness pricked my skin as Blake came to my side, just silent, taking it all in.

"Wow." There was awe in his voice. "It's..."

"Mesmerizing," I completed. "No matter how many times I come here, it always takes my breath away."

Bending over, I gingerly slipped the sandals off my feet sinking into the sand, grains tickling my toes that wriggled in welcome.

"Aren't you afraid of getting cut?"

My head swung over to him, a sharp response ready to go at his insinuation, but stopped at the look of concern on his face.

This is Blake.

I straightened myself and started walking forward. "I've been coming here for years, and have never stepped on a broken glass before." My feet sunk slightly into the sand.

"John's parents always make sure to comb the area every time someone comes," I went on. "It's a precaution."

Case and point, the beach rager that John's older sister threw a couple of months ago led to a trip to the A&E after someone who broke a beer bottle, left the shards on the sand causing another person to step on it getting severely hurt. Now, no one could be hereafter nine and they could not take in more than one bottle.

"Oh," Blake said from my side. "That's smart."

There was a bit of hurt in his voice and something shifted in me. But when I opened my mouth to say something else, an excited squeal cut in.