𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬

Song: Cover me in Sunshine by P!nk Ft. Willow Smith

 Willow Smith

There was something soothingly therapeutic in scrolling through Pinterest with no outside distractions, just saving to your boards under different categories

A chalet in Monaco...under money, money, money.

A yacht sailing on the Pacific...next vacation.

A headshot of Dean Winchester...a yes please and more.

"Jaz?"

My head shot up to meet Sam's, sitting across the table with a fork piled with food mid-way to her mouth.

"Are you okay?"

Was I?

I gave her a big smile. "Of course. Just scrolling some of Dean's photos." With that, my fingers swiped on the phone screen, ready to bring up some shots. "Wanna see?"

As expected, four days ago when my dad had received the results, he was ecstatic for both of us, even taking us all out on dinner. It was almost somewhat painful with the waiter asking if his wife was coming, which set an uncomfortable tone for dinner onset.

So, between corralling everyone to laugh once or twice during the meal (Jason with tricks, my dad with stories that even had Jax laughing), I guessed it was salvaged. Everyone had fun.

Everyone except me.

Sam's nose wrinkled up at my suggestion. "No thanks." She took a bite out of her food. "I was asking because you haven't tried to steal my food yet."

As she mentioned it, she was right. The smell of dried tomatoes floated in the air and I did a quick scan of the food on her plate.

Jollof rice with bay leaves and chicken.

"Yum."

Sam shook her head once. I don't know how you stand those things," she said, pointing at the corner of her plate where a heap was made. The bay leaves.

I shrugged, then just because took a spoonful out of her meal and chewed. "I like them. Good for your body."

Miranda chirped in from the other side of the table. "She's right you know. It helps your immune system."