𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟗: 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬

Song: Inferno by Mrs Green Apple

I got to my feet slowly trailing behind Jason who ran or rather waddled towards the door as fast as he could in his Scooby-Doo themed clothes

"Jas don't open the door." My voice stopped him in his tracks. I put my hands on my hips. "What do I say about that?"

"Not to open it without you," he repeated correctly. "But, you're here."

A lump came up in my throat at his words. He was right but...

'Be careful little rose. You just might be cut off.'

Ever since Jax and I had that conversation, the note had been playing in my mind, especially when Val finally got back to me yesterday, saying no one showed up on her camera at the UFC centre.

Now I was a little more cautious.

"Jaz?"

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, my hand came down to ruffle at his curls. "Sorry about that bud. How about you get your stuff so that I can drop you off at Brielle's?"

He gave a whoop and turned on his feet, running full speed for the bedroom for his stuff while I watched after him, throat tightening.

That was until the doorbell rang again making me roll my eyes and stride over to it, pulling it open, frowning at the person who stood there.

"You're late."

Blake's cheeks turned red at that. "Sorry, I got lost," he said apologetically shuffling his feet. "May I come in please?"

"Yeah, yeah," I said, waving him in. "We're already late as it is."

He had on another graphic hoodie, blue this time paired with a pair of shorts at least, a bag slung over his shoulder and a pair of sandals that he toed off at the door.

"Why do you have a hoodie on?" I asked, noting his slight stiffness. "We are going to a beach." It was certainly weird.

In contrast to his clothing, a simple black floral wrap skirt that flowed at my ankles paired with a white tank top exposing my toned arms, the hem stopping right above the belly bottom.