𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 # 𝟏𝟑: 𝐅𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐬

Song: Falling by Harry Styles

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Where are you now?"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Where are you now?"

I cranked the window down lower to let the outside breeze wash the nasty smell coming from the floor of the cab.

And with the obvious splint over my nose, it was saying something about how bad it was.

"About three minutes away," I whispered into my phone, the GPS on the dashboard displaying the map.

Instead of thinking about the video, I faced my other duties.

I couldn't take my Jeep to the office because I didn't want to be marked, so immediately after school, I went home changing into a professional-looking attire; a simple red cashmere top, black slacks with boots. I briefly thought about wearing the pendant but left it behind and dropped Jason off for a playdate with one of his classmates before hailing a cab to White Plains.

It was a bad idea.

"Okay," Dr Saadeh said over the line. Noises of the hospital environment, beeps, calls and yells sounded over the line. "You remember the people who work there, right?"

"Yup." I went through my mother's old work photos first, then visited Hammer's Pharmaceuticals website for more info, cataloguing them into different sections.

They've been open since the 90's by a woman who graduated with a pharmaceutical degree and a minor in business in a time of an endemic applied to various companies that turned her down. Undeterred by the rejections, she used her home as an office, attending to people who most hospitals wouldn't attend to; people with no funds, people of colour, and the homeless, creating her medicine asides from the ones other pharmacies would grant to her.

From then on, it expanded with more volunteers and because of her popularity, competitors sought her out, trying to discredit her due to the lack of approval of her drugs.

She was dragged to court from the clinic, but protesters intervened clamouring for her release with facts on how the area she conducted business became better. The judge had no choice but to release her.