Chapter 2 Casualty

Creed saw Midnight in the field, she was getting tossed around like a weed by ten of the black creatures however the clouds moved away from the full moon just as Midnight got kicked into the castle's door almost knocking her out. The light from the moon shined down on the amulet he saw the red gem glow brightly as the creatures began pounding on the door trying to knock it down, " Midnight wake up... Wake up!" He said quietly then he yelled "Wake up wolf! Wake up!" Suddenly the moon turned almost red showing a skulls' face then he looked at Midnight as she completely changed her body became the shadow mist of a nine hundred-year-old dire wolf with the skull of an elder and blue flame coming out of her eyes sockets, he heard her speak " Now you're done for!" The ten black creatures turned around just in time to see a skeleton hand to one of their faces practically spinning its head off, one by one the smaller ones fell by shadow wolf a few of them with heads ripped off and rolling on the ground. The large shadow wolf began walking towards the black rouge alpha, he laughs " You think that this moonlight is going to give you more power than me. Ha, you will surely die from my paw on this night, this I promise." Midnight or shadow wolf grinned, the amulet glowed brightly against the red moon causing the mist to gain mass and her to grow more, Shadow wolf darts at a jog then a run. The large black rouge wolf darts at her and the collision that was made caused a wave of power knocking everything over and dust to tower over the castle's wall. Once the dust cleared another dust wave caused the Shadow wolf to gain more power as she backs away dodging a hit.

Arnora walks over to check on Saku who was still asleep, she sits down next to the bed facing Vala. Vala still laid there lifeless, Arnora watches as Vala drew her last breath " Oh no!" She says softly " Creed! Come here!" Creed and Akela walk in and saw Vala's hand fall towards her axes Akela whispers " I was hoping that she would last one more battle, but I have been wrong before, damn it." There was a high screeched howl outside the gates, Soria looks back and sees Shadow wolf running at the rouge alpha one more time as she got closer to a smaller creature, one about three foot a half-human half-wolf, the upper part was a sparkling midnight blue and the lower part was human legs. The smaller half-breed smashed into the ground with so much power Midnight Shadow wolf looked like a torpedo as she went through the rouge alpha killing him with ease. As the rouge fell the half-breed walked over to her "Hello my new master! I was sent here by your ancestors to help and be here anyway I can. Only you and whoever you deem right to allow seeing me will see me." The amulet stopped glowing and Midnight turned human again as she fell to the ground in a heap of weakness. Elphia runs in "Creed! Midnight fell she is human again and it looks like she is weak you have to help her!" He turns and rushes off to Midnight's side helping her up. Midnight Breathing hard " It's okay, I'm okay Creed just have to get my strength up. Damn, that took a lot out of me."

Creed looks at her with his arm around her holding her up " I know wolf I can tell, but I have to tell you something that you may not like... Vala fell asleep and now she can't wake up and Saku is still in recovery sleep. Soria and Akela were making sure that whatever happened with Vala doesn't happen to him!" Midnight nods "Good because if I have to whoop someone else's ass I will and you know that I do not hold back..." She points out in the field " As you can tell." He nods " I know wolf, I know!" Midnight gains her strength quickly due to a new friend helping her, as she gains the composer back " I'm fine Creed, really!" He lets go and she walks to the hut next to Akela, " So shadow healer what's the news on Saku?" Akela turns and faces Saku looking down at his wounds. His chest is healing nicely, and the cuts, scrapes, and holes have healed completely, she tells midnight " He will be fine, he'll be up in the next day or so!" She nods " good!" Creed, Arnora, Elphia, and Fang get on each side of Vala lifting her up Midnight puts her ax on her chest " We are carrying her to the boat just on the shoreline sadly we have to say goodbye! And Saku wants her to have an honorable send-off!" She nods " Yana! Are you ready?" Yana runs in with bow and flaming arrow in hand " unfortunately yes!" She says with tears in her eyes. Midnight looks back at Saku laying on the bed ' hope he wakes up from this soon' She wonders, They walk towards the boat lined with shields, swords, and axes along with herbs and incense, Midnight rushes over to them " Sorry must have spaced out!" Yana stands at the edge of the shoreline with tears in her eyes as Creed, Arnora, and Elphia pushes the boat off with three long sticks and Yana mumbles " I'm so sorry Vala I wish you could've lived through this, she pulls back on the bowstring as far as she can after lighting the flame arrow. "Go ahead!" He says,  Arnora nods lifting a hand and dropping it, the arrow soars through the air landing on the side of Vala igniting the hay, and then the boat in aflame. Arnora watches the arrow soaring through the air and she says " Live well in the afterlife and in the halls, may you find peace among the stars and walk as you should!" The boat drifts off a little less than half a mile, Creed looks at Arnora she falls to her knees with tears streaming down her face and Yana drops the bow grabbing Creed crying into his shoulder. Soria watches from the hut as the boat burns, she sees two flying creatures flying into the flames and then they disappear. Creed holds Yana as she tells him "I can't lose another Creed, I can't!" Creed stood there comforting Yana.