Chapter 15 Unknown Issues

As Midnight and Elphia walk out Arnora and Soria walk in, Arnora carrying a large cup of the new mead that was brought to her by the traveler. They look around thinking Saku had come back with Creed, but he didn't "Hey Creed, Saku isn't back yet?" Arnora asked as nicely as she possibly could due to hearing about what he has been dealing with. He shakes his head "No! I don't know if he will be coming back he is dealing with a lot right now, if he does I will let you know." Arnora nods and hands him the mead "figured you could use a large mug of mead!" He nods grabbing the mug "how about a keg or barrel of it?" She nods " I will be right back!" As Arnora walks out Soria asks Creed if he is ok because she's been seeing the battle going on within. He looks up " yeah, I'm fine!" Soria turns and walks out, Creed starts to feel lonely without Saku "come on brother come back will you?" he mumbles Arnora walks in with a barrel of the new mead "there's something going on isn't there? Not just with you, but with Saku as well? He's struggling again after he got burned? I haven't seen him in a week and I have a feeling it's going to be longer." Just before Creed could answer Saku walks past her not saying a word and covering his face She looks at him and talks in their native tongue "Brodir, are you okay?" He walks out of the castle to his hut pulling out his sword and looking at his reflection "shit I'm back to looking like this again. Why can't I just stay in the old realm and never come back at least there I would still have my family there." Soria walks in with a black wolf "brodir, you're back!" The black wolf looks at him as if it knows what he is feeling, it looks at Soria opens its mouth grabbing her hand. She looks down and it shakes its head side to side, She looks back at Saku "Oh brodir I am so sorry you're going through this. Just know you do not have to face this alone and you won't. We are here!" Soria and the wolf walk out, but it stops at the door looking back and whimpers as if it feels what he is feeling, Soria sees the wolf walking back into the hut laying next to Saku. Soria begins to worry about him since she hasn't seen him since the fire and when he comes back practically not saying a word just staring at his sword and into nothing, she wonders what else is he battling. She runs out to get Arnora, she runs past two huts on the right side and two more on the left when she gets to the bar "Arnora! Your brother is back, don't know for how long though, but he's back!" She looks up from giving one of the villagers their horn of mead "I know. Excuse guys, I will be right back." Little did she know Saku was in so much pain from the recent happenings that he kept the picture of his family and was looking at it when she run through the door " Brodir can we please talk? I need my brodir back. I'm sorry I didn't tell..." She was stopped by Saku telling her "Get the fuck out!" She gasps as tears began forming in her eyes, "Brodir please..." He yells "Get out and leave me alone!" She turns around shedding tears and sobbing running off towards the back of the bar. Yana sees her coming from Saku's hut, but decides not to interfere. Saku looks at the picture a little harder " What the hell is that?" he mumbles to himself after noticing something in the picture right behind him looking down. The wolf lifts its head up looks at him and nudges the picture with its nose trying to tell him something, he looks down at the wolf "is that you?" The wolf looks at the picture after he looked at it. The wolf moves its head up and down saying yes "How old are you?" the wolf gets up looking for something. Moments later it comes back with a sundial sets it on the floor in front of him and walks around it. Soria walks in and gasps "No! it can't be can it?" she looks at the wolf walking around the sundial "Night Protector! Is that you?" the wolf looks up and howls, Soria looks at Saku and tells him " brodir this is the protector wolf, Mothers wolf, this wolf is as old as time itself. One of the very first or originals of time." She holds out her white ice-cold hand "Let me see the picture!" He hands it to her without a word "this black thing you see behind you is 'the' time wolf. Legend had it that they were extinct thousands of years ago, but was never confirmed. That they will also connect with you on a whole different level, they would know when something is bothering you when something is about to happen and if it feels like you were in danger it would do everything possible to protect you. This picture was found after Ulfkel did what he did, hidden in the rubble." Saku cover his head more " Then why was I left for dead on the last quest or last raid?" The wolf whimpers grabbing ahold of a small chain laying on the floor, she looks at the wolf with the chain, and the look the wolf was giving him was almost heartbreaking "brodir the wolf was chained up away from you and the settlement and muzzled before you woke up. Must have been Ulfkel and his goons at the time!" The wolf whimpers at Saku as if it was trying to cry, Saku looks at the wolf and then back at the reflection in the sword "yeah well now you all can just see the hood, no one wants to see me now, I can go back to the invisible freak that I was before so if you excuse me!" She tries to tell him that he is not and that she was looking at him then when he waves his hand towards the door. Soria turns and walks out while the black wolf lays back down beside him whimpering. Saku begins to have a flashback from the fire and then a memory from the fire that killed his family, the wolf instantly felt the change in his mood and bolted to get Creed, Midnight, and Soria.