Chapter 20 Turning Darkness

Elphia falls almost to the ground, but Creed caught her "what the hell is going on?" Midnight looks at him "Creed you have been gone for two years. Just recently something happened and everyone began turning on each other, mainly turning on the packs. Saying that we are here to slowly destroy the land and to eliminate the human threat. Which is by far the truth as you know!" Before he could reply he saw something large on the horizon, the sun had darkened out, the skies turned pitch black. Something was causing this, something was forcing this change and he didn't like it. " Okay! I need all capable hands that are willing to fight to be ready, anything you can sharpen do it. Anything you can use that you can sharpen and enchant do it now! Whatever is going on it is something that we have never faced, this one is bigger and more deadly. If you think that you cannot fight then either stay inside or go to the castle hall and close the doors." The day turned to night and still, nothing had come to attack them, he sat on the ground closing his eyes, and began trying to get ahold of Saku who was still in the old realm "Damn it Saku come on!" he said out loud. Lilsen appeared next to him "Skull king! Saku says he is not coming back, but I will talk to him. Everything is going well right now so he should be able to if he wants. You know you cannot force him once he makes up his mind."

Creed nods "Yeah! I know, something feels off about this land right now. I can't figure it out." Lilsen tells him that she will stand by his side for as long as she needs him to be periodically going from one realm to the next. Arnora walks up beside him and sits "Creed, it got darker than normal and you seem to be on edge right now! Have you figured out what is coming at us this time?" He shakes his head "no not this time, but I think it's something from the old realm!" She gets up putting a hand on his shoulder " I will stand with you for this land and this village as I know most everyone here will as well!" Lilsen sets a black chain beside him "This is a dark shadow chain, only to be used for protection purposes. When you spin it, it will create a strong black and red force tunnel, spin it faster and it will dissolve the enemy into nothing. Only you can touch this besides me, You are the only one I trust to hold this chain. Oh yeah, it will grow as well once the chain feels the power from you and you alone!"

He picks up the chain and the links grow thicker turning red with a dark shadowing fog rolling around it causing it to stretch. He sets it down and the links shrink "Wow! I am going to feel sorry for the one that opposes me!" Yana walks up "Took you long enough to get back, lazy asshole. Who in the hell were you playing around with now in this so-called old world you vanished to for two damn years leaving us to fend for ourselves. I thought you said that you loved me, I thought you said that you felt the same damn way I do about you. Yet you leave to go find Saku or whatever and stay gone, either you prove to me that you love me or I will leave this land and try to get myself back into the shadow realm." Creed looks at her with pain in his eyes "you need to stop anytime now, I don't know what the hell you're talking about for one. For two you are talking insanity. I think being away from the shadow realm is causing you to lose your damn mind." The sun sets over the horizon, but it's still somewhat bright outside. Something is coming and no one knows what. Saku is still in his hut and has not come out in two days in this realm but in the old realm, it has been two winters and two summers long.

Creed walks away from everyone towards Saku's hut when a loud eerie roar echoes shaking everything. Creed hurries to the hut to see Saku sitting on a log with his family pictures all around him, " Saku, brother I know you are enjoying your life right now so I will make this quick. I know you heard that roar as well something is coming and it has come from that realm this roar sounded more powerful. I don't know how or what it wants but it's coming so we need you here for a few!" Thunder claps causing everyone to run to their huts, the what was once still light is now pitch black with an orange tint over the horizon. Creed focuses on the tint and sees the black silhouette in the orange. The roar echoes again this time a name is hard "Saku you are mine!" A sudden chill runs down his back " this is completely different from the other roars!" One person screams as if something has brushed past them. Creed's eyes turn red so he can see in the pitch blackness, as he walks around he sees a black tail wrapped around a small orange and red flame. He attempts to follow it but disappeared in the night, Arnora runs up in a panic almost hyperventilating " Creed something is here and it's after Saku. I think it means to kill him." He starts looking around and sees the orange flicker by Saku's hut, Creed ran for Saku's hut yelling for him to wake up " Saku Ice-Flame berserker wake the hell up now! Saku!" Arnora hears Creed's plea and she runs towards her brother as she yells for Soria. She runs to Arnora "What is it Arnora?" She points at Creed running and yelling for Saku.

Arnora and Soria see the orange flicker inside Saku's hut. The orange flicker turns into a figure grabbing Saku from the floor and throwing him through the hut's walls into the inside concrete walls of the castle. Arnora screams forcing a piercing wave of frost across the ground, Midnight, Elphia, and Soria look at Arnora in awe " Holy shit!" The figure walks out of the hole towards Saku's lifeless body and roars, after long strides the figure turns into a flaming beast with large talons and razor teeth, spikes coming off his back, it is picking Saku up squeezing the rest of the life out of him.