Chapter 11 Saku's Memory

After he defeated the frost troll Saku climbs back out of the pit grabbing his side "shit his hits hurt like hell!" Jarl Sauk and Yuka run up to him " Son are okay?" Saku nods, and they continued "we heard the roars, stomps, and slaps." He looks at them "Ja mother and faðir I am okay just hurting a little from being slapped against the wall and into the bones." Saku walks up to the settlement and sits next to the healer " what do you have to heal hurt ribs?" As the healer looks for something he falls asleep and awakes in his realm "wait, what damn it." He gets up from the wooded area and begins walking back to the castle, Creed walks up to him " took you long enough to get back from the old realm, figure out what you needed to." He nods " I did Creed! Thanks. And sorry for earlier!" He looks at him confused "earlier? Brother, it's been three days since we saw you! I was beginning to get worried!" Saku looks at him " I went back to 2709 and saw my family as if nothing happened!" Creed looks at him almost shocked but then told him "I know what you mean! Did a traveler come up to you and ask you to join a fighting quest for some type of tournament?" Saku nods " yes, how did you know?" Creed looks around " this realm is different from that one, isn't it? I mean no stone torture chambers, no screams well not as many anyway, and not many people are being killed just for speaking wrong or around the wrong people. And I haven't seen any elders here." Saku looks at him shocked " wait that was you running to them chambers? I saw you but you couldn't hear me!"

Arnora walks up to them with a crate in her hands with worry, sadness in her eyes " broðir, I found a crate that I forgot to unpack, so I opened it saw what was in it, and closed it back fast. Thought you should see for yourself!" She hands him the crate " bróðir I am sorry for whatever turmoil this may bring you and just know that I am just down two huts from the castle." He nods grabbing the crate "geez this shits heavy!" Creed looks at Saku " hey brother, I saw your family there with you, you guys looked happy!" Saku nodded. As they talked a little while longer Arnora hollers at them "barrels and jugs are here, I could use some help here!" Saku hollers back " just a minute systír!" He walks to the first stone house pushed the door open with his foot and set the crate on the floor next to a log he uses as a chair. Walking out of the house and down to the mauling bar where his half-sis needed his help, as he gets closer to the bar he sees another guy with a long grey beard and heard his Nordic accent. The guy was telling her that the mead and ale were and are of the best lands to have been made. He gets up to them " Skål traveler!" Saku said the guy nodded and replied with the same word the same way Saku did, " bróðir can you get that barrel please and help me with the rest. Saku nods picks one up and carries it to the back of the bar he looks over at a wall and notices shadows around some clean spots like squares, he walks over to look at it and hears a crunch of glass breaking "what the?" He leans down to pick it up and sees a corner of a glass frame with five kids. Arnora walks in with a keg in each hand and sees Saku with tears in his eyes " systír what is this?"

She drops the kegs "damn it! Bróðir I... " he puts his hand up "save it!" Dropping the frame and walking out of the bar Arnora walks out behind him "Bróðir! Please I'm...!" She shouts after him as he storms off, people think Saku is this big boss hybrid ice goblin king, but actually, he's an over-depressed, over and easily tempered a great guy to have on your side until he gets pissed then people need to watch out. Saku shoves his door open and it slams shut, Arnora knocks on the door " bróðir? I have to talk to you before the feast tonight." Saku drops the crate in front of her " then explain yourself!" He demands.

Arnora looks at him "bróðir, you might want to sit down for this!" Saku sits " okay!" Arnora sits across from him and begins to tell him " these frames were the last of the pictures I had gotten of the family before they were burned alive and killed mercilessly, they were of us when we were children and this one." She holds up the one that he stepped on " this one is of you., Vala, Lilsen, Soria, and me. Back then Lilsen was your baby sis, Soria was the oldest, and the rest are in between. Lilsen was the first to be killed when Ulfkel did what he did, Soria tried to get the others out but he just came through like the midnight dark and started torching everything. There are a few with mom and dad with us kids and some with just us kids playing with swords, axes, spears, and shields. Bróðir I am so sorry I did not tell you sooner, I wanted to, I did, just didn't know how." Saku sat there for a minute trying to gather what he was just told, the only thing he could say was " thanks for clearing that up sis now get out!" She gives him a worried look "out now!" He shouts. She gets up and walks out as Saku looks at the frames on the floor, he picks up the one with Lilsen, Yuka, him, and Vala and something in him broke. The tears roll and he throws them against the wall, he shouts "fucking why!" His eyes turn white, and light blue flames come off his tattoo and growing by the second. He picks up another of him and drops to his knees as the flames burst out and him shouting " why did you leave, why did you fucking leave me?" The flames grew more intense and uncontrollable. Midnight heard the scream as the feast was started and she screams for Creed. He looks and takes off running Midnight, Elphia, Arnora, Babir and Soria run after him Creed yells " get the water now!" Soria, Arnora, and Elphia run to a hydrant to get buckets of water Creed yells "Faster!" Saku sitting in the house flames everywhere. These flames were different they were hotter and he couldn't control them, by the time the others got to him the flames had already burned up his right side, his neck, and head. Saku still screaming in pain and agony the others start throwing water onto the fire. They get the fire on the outside out Midnight and Creed walk through where the door was Arnora walks in after them, the water is handed their way as they throw water on him and the house. By the time they get the flames out Saku's whole right side was burned, now he looked like a burned freak, " why did you leave me. Why. Why. Why, why, why?" All he keeps repeating Creed grabs him " brother, I am here I will not leave you no matter how many times you run off. I am here brother!" He waives for the others they run over and it becomes a group hug " bròðir I am so sorry I did not tell you this sooner!" Arnora tells him.

Midnight tells him "Saku berserker or not I'm here I am not going anywhere either!" The others tell him the same thing. When Saku keeps repeating that he has failed his family because he wasn't there to protect them they all hear the sound of rain and a white wolf appears again along with Yuka's spirit " my sweet boy we know Þu did not. Þu was three lands away because of what Ulfkel did, Þu did not fail us my sweet berserker warrior boy." A loud thunder clap shakes the ground and his father agrees with her and says "my son I never wanted to kick Þu out as I have told Þu that was Ulfkel's doing. My son Þu has not failed us, Lilsen wants Þu to come back soon she says that she loves her bróðir and it sucks that they didn't make it past Ulfkel's revenge. We all love Þu son in this life or then doesn't matter!" Saku looks up and his eyes remained white "Þu sure faðir?" He nods and they vanished.