3.2

I tried to protect myself from further injury for those three days before the practice. I had to be able to play because I don't want to be a burden to them. And nakakahiya since they invited me.

David didn't do me a favor though so I just avoided having interactions with him which is hard when they find me everywhere and every time when they want to. Luckily, I got just a small scratch on my cheek when they pushed me as we were running around the oval and one missing bracket from my braces that I got replaced by my dentist the same day.

My left arm is still not healed. The bruise is unnoticeable under my big shirt but I still wore a jacket over it. I can move it freely now proving the effectiveness of that ointment.

It's an early Saturday morning. I'm usually still asleep by this time but now it's different. And I'm excited for this.

My guitar has been in its case since last night when my body wouldn't shut down because of the excitement. I barely slept because of the adrenaline. And my body is still high on it even now. I'll probably get tired later.

With one last look in the mirror — and one more attempt to style my curls — I headed out of my house with my guitar in its case, my phone in hand and wallet in my pocket. I rang the doorbell to Shi's house and as I waited for him, I replied to Santi's message.

To: Santi
I'm waiting for Shi. We'll be there any minute.

It didn't take a minute for him to read and reply to my message.

From: Santi
Okay. We will pick you up outside your village

To: Santi
Okay

The rattling of the gate beside me made me straighten my stand. But instead of Shi who I was waiting for, it was tita Naomi who peeked from the opened gate.

"Magpa-practice kayo kila Santi?"

I smiled and nodded my head at her. "Opo."

Her face beamed observing me. "I'm happy for you two."

I guess she's pertaining to me and Shi so my smile widened.

"Mom, what are you telling him?" Shi suddenly appeared behind her, raising an eyebrow to his mother.

"Nothing." Tita laughed and winked at me. "It's been a while since I last saw you two together."

Nagkatinginan kami ni Shi. I was the first to look away. The tug in my heart told me to not meet his eyes.

"Alis na po kami," paalam ni Shi, kissing his mother's cheek.

Tita also gave me a brief casual hug before Shi and I went on our walk.

I walked beside Shi, hyper-aware of every movement he makes. He's on his phone right now, reading something.