13.2

The next day, I woke up early to check on my wound and change the gauze. Shi did a great job on it last night because it didn't look like I'll be sent into a hospital because of it.

I spent most of my time not on changing the gauze but styling my hair so that my wound is not visible. It took some time for my curls to cooperate.

While I cooked a simple breakfast, I checked Mom in the guest room. She was still sleeping peacefully so I left her like that.

I left out a meal for Mom with a note. Right after giving Neko his food, I got my bag ready. When I got outside the house, I saw Shi just getting out of their house. I stood outside on the sidewalk in between the gates of our houses, watching tita Naomi get her car ready.

Shi stood beside me, observing me. "Were you able to change it?"

"Yeah." I brushed down my hair again to hide the gauze under it. It's barely visible that way.

"Masakit pa ba?"

I shook my head. "Hindi na. Medyo ayos na."

"Buti naman." He smiled again, staring at my forehead. He reached his hand and moved my hair a bit. "Baka makita ni Mom. She might ask."

My smile widened. He knows I won't talk to his Mom about it. He nodded once with a smile.

I had my head down, pretending to be busy with my phone so tita Naomi won't see the gauze. I can't trust my hair on this one so I need to be sure.

But I forgot, it wasn't only tita that I had to worry about seeing my injury.

Right after Shi got on his way to their building, it was only me and Saint - who waited for me in the entrance of the main building - walking side by side in the hallways to our classroom.

Seeing him early this morning was an intoxicating pleasure so I kinda forgot what I was supposed to be hiding.

"'Yung meeting nga pala mamaya para dun sa foundation week," he reminded me.

"Yeah thanks for reminding me," I told him. I sat down on my seat while he sat in front of me. "Bakit ba kasi president ako?"

He chuckled. "'Wag ka na magreklamo matatapos naman na school..." His question died down. I was already seated and he's still putting his bag down when he stopped. He leaned over to me with his forehead creased.

"What?" I moved away. Is this another kiss?

He suddenly brushed the hair, revealing my forehead. "What's that?"

"Ah..." I smiled at him, moving away from his hand and fixing my hair again. "It's nothing." I shook my head with a smile.