15.1

"Who am I to you..."

Santi looked over his shoulder to me. He's busy checking and editing the lyrics we wrote for the song we agreed to make. He decided to do it now during break with our band practice because there's no other available time for us to discuss it.

"The title," I explained.

"Oh, right." He looked back at the paper where the almost final lyrics are written. "That's what I'm also thinking."

"Well, it's the premise of the song when we started it."

He chuckled. "Yeah. You're right."

Saint was there when I told Drix and Shi about the tutoring and why we can't practice much after school because of it. They said it's fine since they'll also be doing practice for soccer after school because they have another competition on that. So we set our practice during the weekend.

Today is a Saturday and we're back again in Saint's house. Mom's already out of the country doing work so I'm free to be here all day.

"Bakit nga pala gitara ni Santi gamit mo?"

Both Santi and I looked at Shi who's standing in front of us sitting on the couch. I looked over to Saint who made eye contact with me.

"I broke mine," I said at that moment.

Both Saint and Shi looked at me intently. Shi raised a brow while Saint furrowed his brows.

"Have you ordered a new one?" Shi continued to ask.

I looked away from Saint, gulping. His gaze was so intense, sweat started to form on my forehead. "Yeah, it will take time before it arrives."

"Overseas?"

"Yeah."

Shi nodded, letting go of the topic before going back to his stool. He went back to his phone again, humming a song under his breath.

"Why did you lie to him?"

I turned back to Saint who asked in a low voice. "I just don't want him to worry."

His gaze remained on me so I pushed his face away, laughing to ease the seriousness.

"Don't worry. I'll tell him about it in the future," I assured him with a lie.

This will be forgotten in the future anyway.

Saint let me borrow his black guitar full of stickers. He said it's his first guitar and he had it when he was eight years old. It was my first time ever getting to know that he's been playing the guitar since he was young.