25.6

Since pumasok ngayon si Vy, balik usual schedule ako and that is to go pick him up after school. I don't care that David is dead. I'd kill him again if he's here. I have to be there for Vy no matter what.

To: Vy < 3
Here to pick you up
I'll just wait here
Tapos na classes mo?

I sent Vy texts to let him know that I'm already outside his school, waiting. Naka-usap ko naman siya kaninang lunch through texts at nasabi kong pupuntahan ko siya after school. I was checking how he's been in school that lunch.

It's going fine. That was his text. But he's Vy and, even if I want to, I can't trust his words when it comes to those questions. So, yeah, pointless 'yung pagtatanong ko but at least he knows that I'm there, worrying about him.

Sitting on the usual waiting shed just outside their school, people come and go walking in front of me. With nothing to do, I was mostly staring around until one person caught my attention.

Walking fast as if in a hurry, but head is low and eyes are on the ground, Brendan doesn't stood out among the people around him. Hindi na ako nakapag-isip at napatayo agad para sundan siya.

"Hey, Brendan," pagtawag ko sa pansin niya.

He turned to see me and when he registered who I was, he turned as if nothing happened and walked away. Bumilis ang lakad niya sa binilisan ko din ang akin. I stayed a few steps behind him.

"Hoy."

"Get the fuck away from me!" It was half yell, half whisper. Kung may nakarinig man sa kanya, walang may paki. "Wala akong alam!"

Hindi ako nagpatinag at sumunod pa din sa kanya. "You were at the precinct."

"Wala nga akong alam!"

Losing my patience, I sighed, closing the distance between us. "Bren—"

I was about to hold his arm to stop him but he turned to me, dodging my hand. He glared at me before walking away hurriedly and getting inside a car on the corner of the street. The car drove away until I couldn't see it anymore.

"Tsk." Clicking my tongue, I turned to go back to the waiting shed. But before I could start walking, a guy was standing behind me, a few steps away, just watching me.

"Hey, you wanna know what happened, right?"

My brows met. I don't know this guy. He has one arm on a sling, right arm, like Vy and one of his cheeks is yellow with bruises.

"Who are you?" I asked, hostile.

"I'm Kurt," he said. "I know what happened."

Skeptical, I crossed my arms, looking at him up and down and making sure he knows I'm assessing him. "I didn't see you at the precinct."