7.2

"Hindi mo na ba ko mapapatawad?"

I shoved Santi's face away, annoyed at him.

I tried to talk to our adviser about not wanting the position I was elected on but he just brushed it off.

"You have a year to get used to it," he said, patting my shoulder with a smile. "Anyway, distribute this to your classmates." Then he handed me a pile of papers.

A year of torture, you say. And he immediately gave me a job on the very first day on this position I did not ask for.

If my glares were real knives, Santi would've been dead kanina pa.

Santi just laughed it off. I ignored him and didn't talk to him even when he tried to. And now it's lunch. I hate to say this but I don't know the way to the cafeteria so even if I'm mad at him, I'm walking beside him. Though I'm not letting him get friendly with his arm on my shoulder. I shoved his attempt multiple times now.

When we got to the cafeteria, I left him and walked faster. I know how to get my food, I just need him for directions.

He caught up to me almost immediately with his long strides. "Oy, 'di mo talaga ako papansinin?"

I gave him another glare and ignored his words.

When I got my food, I looked around to find a table. I'd usually eat alone in my previous school but seeing Shi's familiar face in the crowd, I was drawn and I found myself walking to the direction of the table they're at.

"Hoy!" Santi still tried to get me to talk to him but I remained firm.

I sat down on the empty chairs they left for us, greeting them with a smile.

"Gagi, 'di mo na talaga ako kakausapin?" Santi said, sitting in front of Drix. I sat in front of Shi. Looks like the three girls are with their other friend group. I saw earlier when Isla smiled my way.

"Bakit? Anong nangyari?" Drix curiously asked.

I watched as Santi contained his laugh as he tells them the story. "I convinced everyone to vote for him as the class president."

Shi's eyes turned wide. "No, you didn't."

"He did," I confirmed.

Drix covered his mouth but I could see his shoulders shaking. He's laughing.

"Sorry na nga eh. 'Di mo na ba ko mapapatawad?" He held my shoulder but I shoved him away with his paawa.

I scoop the mash potato with my spoon a bit aggressively and spared him a glance. I ate it while looking at him then looked away.