25.4

"I'm sorry..." Vy whispered in a low voice.

I was gonna comfort him by ruffling his hair but when I saw dried blood on his head and hair, I retreated my hand. He might be injured there too so I shouldn't.

Tita talked with the police and the lady. "Ano pong nangyari? Bakit—"

"Didn't you hear me?!" the lady yelled at tita. "My son died because of him! My—" David's mother's breath hitched and she started crying again.

Vy continued to tremble while his face is still buried on my stomach. Mahigpit at nanginginig niyang hinawakan ang damit ko habang tahimik na bumubulong.

"I'm sorry..." he repeatedly cried. "I'm sorry."

"What the fuck is this?"

We all looked at the new person who came into the precinct. It's Vy's cousin, Violet, and behind her are Vlad and Viktor. Halatang tumakbo sila dahil abot abot ang hininga nila at gulo na din ang suit na suot ng dalawang lalaki, maging and dress na suot ni Violet.

"Vasily?" paghanap agad ni Vlad sa pinsan.

Vy took his face away from my stomach to look at his cousins. His red eyes searched for them. When his cousins saw his state, their expression changed into one similar dark, scary expression.

"He's injured. Why isn't he in the hospital?" Viktor's deep, frightening voice echoed through the place.

"A criminal doesn't need to be treated. He—"

"What did you just say?" Vlad cut the lady off.

"He's a murderer!" David's Mom pointed at Vy. "He killed my son!"

"Point your finger at him again and I'll cut it," Violet threatened the lady, her voice menacing like she actually meant it. The lady visibly flinched. "Get up Vasily. We're going to the hospital."

In no time, with just a few words to the police, Violet was driving us to the nearest hospital. Vy's injury was taken care of. When he's all bandaged up, he is left sleeping in his hospital room. Violet, Viktor, Vlad, Shi and tita Naomi had a talk outside the room while I stayed sitting beside Vy's bed, holding his left hand that isn't in a cast.

Tulog lang siya nang mahimbig na parang walang inaalalang problema sa mundo. I like watching him sleep. Because when he's asleep, his face is in peace. And I know, pain isn't bothering him when he's asleep.

I stayed for as long as I can before Mom called, telling me to go home. I was still in a daze, thinking about what happened when Shi came calling my name.

"Santi."

I blinked. Tinignan ko siya. "Oh?"