9.2

"Guys..." I looked at the noisy crowd of my classmates in front of me. I just got back from the faculty of our teachers to ask permission if we can miss classes tomorrow afternoon to watch the soccer game our PE teacher required us to watch. And also, since Saint is playing, we need to cheer.

"Quiet down everyone! May i-a-announce si president!" Saint calmed down our classmates.

I glared at Saint. He knows I hate this whole class president situation. He just winked at me.

Kyle sat attentively, even telling everyone to quiet down. "Shh, guys!"

Our classmates eventually became quiet

"Go on," Saint told me when everyone was looking at us now in front of the classroom.

I sighed and faced everyone. "Sir Arthur said we can watch the game tomorrow. We're excused—"

Before I could finish my announcements, the talks and cheers of celebrations of my classmates interrupted me. I stood there in front of the class, watching them. Saint was the one to calm them again and until someone is still talking, I remained silent.

"We're excused but we'll have a quiz on Thursday. Topics are lessons 8 to 10," I continued.

That made them all make a face of disappointment. Though it's that way, they did not try to bargain. We all know we can't back down on it now. At least we'll have fun watching the soccer match before the quiz.

The next day, in the afternoon, we all sat on the bleachers in the field to watch the game. I took attendance before I settled down on the seat the furthest down and close to the field and the players. The shade of the roof of the bleachers is barely even doing its purpose to me.

I saw Drix and Shi talking with the coach and some other guys while their other teammates were either on the field practicing some more or doing nothing like Saint. He approached me and sat on the empty seat on my left. Kyle is on my right, holding the attendance sheet, grumbling about the heat as he uses his fan to give the both of us some cool air. We both have our blazers off and sleeves rolled up to the elbow but it still won't do a thing.

"How is it? Watching the match?" Saint asked.

Saint suddenly placed something on my head. It's a cap. He told me to turn around so he could make the cap fit so I did. He adjusted the back until I said it was fine.

"It's hot," I grumbled.

He laughed at my suffering, sitting back casually. He looks even sweatier than I am from practicing but he chose this, I didn't.

"You should get used to it. You'll have to watch all of my matches." He smiled at me, his small eyes squinting in the afternoon daylight. His glasses are missing again today.

"I'm surprised you don't get tanned," I commented.