20.2

Since it's summer vacation, it's time for family vacations again. And just like last year and every year, my cousins and I are off to Monaco. We're supposed to be in the plane now but there has been a delay so we sat, waiting in the airport while my dependable cousins handle everything.

Shi, Drix and Saint have a soccer match today. If our flight wasn't today, I would be there to cheer them on. I guess Kath will beat me today on cheering for Saint. I saw she was there from her IG stories.

"Fucking hell. I'm gonna handle it." Violet, who's been impatiently sitting on the sofa in front of me, stood up.

Saoirse immediately held her arm to stop her. "Stop it, Violet. Let them do it."

"Ang bagal nila!"

Saoirse stood up and massaged her shoulder. "Relax, will you?"

"I can relax on the plane we should be in right now."

Saoirse inhaled deeply, rolling her eyes. She sat back down, shaking her head. "Fine. Go handle it." She waved her hand dismissively.

Violet chuckled and leaned down to kiss her temple before she went to join Vanya and Viktor talk with the crew of the airport.

Weirdly, I found myself standing up and occupying the seat Violet left beside Saoirse.

"Saoirse, can I ask you something?"

She looked at me, surprised and confused. "Yeah, sure."

"What's it like being with Violet?"

The furrow of her brows got deeper because of my question. "You want to know about our relationship?"

I looked away for a second. "No, what I mean is, what's it like when, you know, my family hates what you two have?"

She looked at me skeptically, probably confused why I'm asking. I know. Even I'm surprised I'm doing this.

"I hate your family, you know. We probably all do."

I nodded once. "I know."

"But fuck them. What does this have to do with them?"

"You don't care about what they say?"

"Yeah. Why would I? Did I do anything wrong?"

I nodded at her input but I didn't say anything. She continued to stare at me, her expression changing.

"Are you one of them now?"

"What?"