You're Mine (A Sunghoon oneshot)

Author's note: Before I begin the chapter, I wanna thank odiodiznutscanFlip for the request and plot of the one shot. Thank you so much ILY ❤️.

We're in a very weird and strange relationship
We crush each other
And hug each other

You got me feeling like a psycho, psycho
People keep telling us
As we fight like it's our last
But then we get along

How does it feel like to be in a relationship? Happy? Escstatic? Loved? Or is it accompanied by sadness, betrayal and hurt? They always talk about how you feel like you're the luckiest and happiest person on Earth when you're in a romantic relationship. How life seems so beautiful all of a sudden. How the world becomes such a lovely place to live in. But they never tell you of the hurt, pain and agony it brings when you start falling out of love. The way it crushes you and makes you feel like nothing when you cannot meet their expectations.

"You always refuse to hang out. Ari is so much better than you. She is always willing to hang out with me whenever I ask her to. But whenever I ask you to go out, you always say that you're busy."

You squeezed your eyes shut and locked yourself in your room. What else are you supposed to do when you're boyfriend compares you to his best friend? This isn't the first time. This happens almost everyday. Sunghoon compares you to his best friend and makes you feel low about yourself. But you love him. So you try to be perfect for him.

Perfect. The worst word invented in any language. It was made to describe things, situations. But slowly people started to use it to define people. And the others who didn't fit the supposed standards were made to feel low about themselves.

You're tired. Tired of trying to be perfect. Tired of trying to be the perfect student. Perfect friend. Perfect daughter. Perfect sister. Perfect girlfriend. Why is it so difficult to be perfect? People just appreciate the butterfly but they never appreciate it when it is a cuccoon. They never praise you for trying. They praise you for being perfect. For being complete. However, you don't expect everyone to love you or appreciate you. You just want him to appreciate you. To tell you that you're enough. You're perfect.

I'm more than just a number
I'm a hater, I'm a lover
Sometimes it's hard for me to show
That I'm more than just a title
Or a comment going viral
There's more to me than people know

Some days I'm broke, some days I'm rich
Some days I'm nice, some days I can be a bitch
Some days I'm strong, some days I quit
I don't let it show, but I've been through some shit

Tears cascaded down your face as his words kept ringing in your ears. No matter how much you tried to forget what he said, they kept plaguing your mind. You felt that a walk with nature would help you but to no avail.

While you were overwhelmed with sadness and deep in your thoughts, you suddenly felt a hand grab you causing you to halt and face your best friend.

"What is the matter? You seem disturbed." Feels good to know that someone cares for you when your own boyfriend doesn't.

"Oh it's nothing really. I'm fine. What about you Sunoo?
Haven't seen you in a long time."

He tilted his head.

"You really think you can hide stuff from me?"

You sighed. You don't really know whether you should tell him about all that's going on between you and Sunghoon. Sunoo is your best friend and you can trust him with everything. But then what's going on between you and Sunghoon is a matter of privacy. You took a deep breath.