Chapter 2

Tony's POV:

     Sitting at his work bench, trying to replicate the blueprints you had brought into your interview, Tony was growing more and more frustrated at the fact he couldn't figure out how you pulled off that technology. Bruce, who was sitting at a desk across the room, jumped when Tony slammed his hand down on the table.

     Before Bruce could say anything, the door to his office opened and Pepper strutted in, "So, what do you think, Tony," She asked, her eyebrows raised.

     "I think she's cocky, and a trouble maker," Tony grumbled working on the holographic design of the ear piece you created.

     "So, she's you in a woman's body," Bruce laughed from across the room.

     Pepper folded her arms across her chest, shifting her weight to one hip, "You better get off your high horse, Tony. You found an incredibly intelligent assistant, who doesn't care that she can't find her soulmate."

     Tony, turning to look at Pepper, scoffed, "She never said she didn't care, she just said she hasn't found them yet. Meaning I'm probably going to get a solid six months with her before she runs off with someone, much like my last assistant might I add," He raised his eyebrow to Pepper who rolled her eyes in return.

     "I did not run off, and I'm not planning to run off, just be around less. You need someone to keep you under control, Tony, and she's going to be the only one to do that."

     "I haven't even met her yet, and I like her already," Bruce laughed, setting his tools down.

     "See, Tony, be like Bruce. Open to change, and no fragile ego," Pepper laughed, which now caused Tony to be the one to roll his eyes, "Also might I add, you have writing on you all the same as us, you're not looking for your soulmate either."

     Tony looked towards his collarbone, where his soulmates words appear every day, the writing today is going to be great, frustrated him more than it did this morning when he noticed it. He has never not been able to figure out somebody else's blueprints, but with yours he was completely stuck.

     "Well, if my soulmate is really this cheery, then maybe I don't want to be around them after all. Not to mention, it's not like I didn't look for her, but I think I was already at a disadvantage when I didn't get my words until I was twenty-four," He huffed.

     "Well, now you can get over it, you big baby," Pepper said making her way back towards the door, "Now the two of you better clean up, (y/n) is making an introductory dinner for everyone, and I've made it mandatory," Pepper smiled before exiting out of the open door.

     Tony shook his head, throwing his tools back down on his desk, causing Bruce to look at him once more, "If you don't like her, why did you hire her?"

     "It's not that I don't like her, it's that there's a possibility she might be smarter than me, and that I can't have," Tony pushed himself away from the work bench, brushing his hands off on his pants before fixing his black shirt, his arc reactor shining through the thin fabric.

     "Maybe Pepper was right, you do have a fragile ego," Bruce laughed.

      Tony rolled his eyes, exiting his lab before Bruce could say anything else. Stepping into the elevator, he sighed, "F.R.I.D.A.Y can you take me to the lounge."

     "Absolutely, sir," The AI said over the intercom.

     "F.R.I.D.A.Y, did you run a background check on our new Miss. (y/l/n)?"

     "Yes, sir. It was completed prior to the movers arriving at Miss. (y/l/n)'s apartment."

     "Did you come up with anything suspicious, or anything she lied to us about?"