Chapter 4

(Y/N) POV:

     The next morning you woke with thoughts swirling your head over the fact that according to your computer, you met your soulmate yesterday. After F.R.I.D.A.Y broke the news to you, you started doing some research about the soulmates and how exactly the universe decided who your soulmate is and when you meet them.

     "Soulmates very couple to couple. While the universal telltale is always going to be the words that appear on your body, there are other aspects that can't be previously known. While we often times also see that the first touch of a soulmate will appear on the skin, some studies have shown there's more than one possibility to this phenomenon. Some couples will scar the same, when their soulmate is injured, a scar or bruise appears on the skin in the same place their soulmate is hurt, which allows you to come together based on visuals. In very rare occasions couples have reported a clock appearing on their home computers, or cellphones, counting up from the time you met your soulmate. Studies also show, the longer you take to find your soulmate, the more searching traits you'll end up having,"

     You brained swirled, trying to process the words of the article in front of you, leave it to you to end up with one of the search traits that is extremely rare. You rolled your eyes to yourself, pulling yourself out of bed and to the bathroom, where you stood in the shower, letting the warm water run over your body and you sighed. Your soulmate was someone in the tower, but who? You've been keeping track of your first and last words every day for years, and you have yet to see anybody else's marks.

     After you dressed for the day you went down to the common area, lights still off, you were the first one awake. Turning on the coffee maker, and bringing the lights up to a light dim, you brewed your coffee before taking it with you out onto the balcony. Leaning on the railing with the steaming cup in your hand, you took in the sight of New York. It was beautiful from up here, a sight you didn't often see.

     "Well good morning, early bird!"

     You jumped, spinning around to see none other than Clint Barton standing in front of you, chuckling.

     "Clint! You scared the hell out of me," You said, using the back of your hand you smack his arm as he met you along the railing.

     "I wasn't quiet," He laughed, "Deep in thought?"

     You nodded, "Can I ask you something?"

     "Yeah, absolutely. After that lasagna last night, you can ask me anything."

     Rolling your eyes you smiled, "Before you met Laura, when you were trying to find your soulmate, what signs did you have?"

     Clint raised his eyebrow, "Well, I always started my day with looking at her words. She started every day by saying good morning, and if it wasn't good morning, it would be, we're so close. I knew we were getting closer to each other, because I felt a pull in her direction, like I had to go somewhere. When we met, my hand brushed her arm and my finger prints looked like a birthmark on her. They fade after a few days, but for us, a new mark appeared," Clint rolled up the sleeve to his shirt, which revealed an obvious red line down his forearm to his hand, "It's called a soulmates bond, when I hold Laura's hand, it 'ties' us together."

     You smiled at him, Clint's eyes glimmering as he spoke about Laura, "That's amazing, I wish it was as obvious for me," you laughed, looking down at the words on your wrist.

     "What does your soulmate have to say today," He asked.

     You looked at your wrist, almost surprised as you read, "Today is going to be a better day. Oh, usually my soulmate is grumpy, so this is a good sign, but something else happened last night."