Chapter 35

It took a few hours for you, Peter, and Tony to finish setting up for Morgan's party. Once the decorations were in place, Morgan dragged Peter out near the lake to play while she very impatiently waited for everyone to arrive. You were in the kitchen plating the snacks and finger foods that will be set out for the party when Tony makes his way back into the kitchen and picks one of the fruit skewers you were working on right out of your hand, before popping a grape into his mouth.

You smiled, "If you're just in here to eat everything out of my hands, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Oh now, don't be mean," He chuckled, "How are you feeling?" He asked, taking your waist and spinning you to look at him.

Tony's hands on your waist, pinning you between him and the counter, you rested your hands on his arms and sighed, "I'm okay, very curious about where Morgan seems to get her information from."

Tony nodded, "She's your daughter it's only a wonder why she is the way she is."

You rolled your eyes at him, while a smile still pulled on your lips.

"I'm excited to see everyone today, I think it's going to be good to have as many people as we can around again. It's been a long time."

"I know hon, everyone is doing their own thing at this point, the world doesn't have a need for the Avengers anymore."

"I doubt that's true, but I can say retirement feels oh, so good." You smiled up at him, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him down into a kiss.

Tony hummed into your lips as his fingers tightened on your hips, you could feel the love radiating off of him to you. Regular day to day life still felt strange to you, you weren't waiting for a knock at the door, or alarms in the middle of the night. While it was nice to be able to focus on your family. Tony is happier now that he can relax, and he has Peter back, and you loved to watch as the two of them spent their time together. They're constantly working on projects and building anything they can think of, it was even more beautiful watching both of them with Morgan, answering any questions she had and allowing her to help.

When Tony pulled away he pressed a kiss to your forehead, "I love you."

"Ah, I forgot how gross and cheesy this house was." A voice you knew to be Clint said from behind you.

"That's why we've always had a knock first policy, one you have always seemed to ignore." You laughed, before walking to Clint and throwing your arms around him, "It's so good to see you."

Clint hugged you tightly, "You too, Stark. Life isn't the same not seeing you almost every day."

"Well it's not like you can't come around whenever you want, you should know that by now." You said pulling away and giving him a playful slap to the chest.

Tony walked over and took his turn greeting Clint with a short hug, "And risk walking in on whatever you two might be doing on a given day? Absolutely not."

"Well whatever you're into, birdboy, I don't mind an audience." Tony laughed before wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Okay, on another note, are Laura and the kids here?" You laughed, changing the subject.

"Yeah, the kids are down by the lake with Peter and Morgan and Laura was giving her gift to Morgan, she should be in shortly."

"Well would you like a beer in the meantime? I'm just finishing up getting the food out then we can enjoy these drinks as long as we'd like."

You grabbed three beers from the fridge and handed one to Tony and the other for Clint. Clint and Tony went outside to sit with Laura by the lake and watch the kids. You spent the next few minutes finishing setting up the finger foods. You heard some more cars pulling up so you made it a point to hurry and get out front. Joining the growing group you sat on Tony's lap, wrapping one arm around him before taking another sip of your beer.