Chapter 7

Your POV:

     The next morning, you woke up and started your day with a shower. The warm water ran over your body, relaxation rolling over you until F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice echoed through the bathroom.

     "Miss (y/n), Mr. Fury is requesting you meet him in the conference room in fifteen minutes."

      You sighed, "Thank you F.R.I.D.A.Y, can you please tell Fury I'll be there."

     "Of course."

     You finished your shower quickly, brushing through your wet hair then throwing on a pair of jeans and the first tee-shirt you could find before making your way down to the conference room where Fury was already waiting for you.

     "It's good to see you, Fury, but I have to wonder why you called just me here."

     "There's something I needed to talk to just you about (y/l/n)."

     You raised an eyebrow at him, "What did Tony do now?"

     Fury let out a low chuckle, shaking his head, "Tony hasn't done anything, for once, but it does seem that Tony has a S.H.E.I.L.D file for you. Do you know why that might be?"

     You sighed, "Fury listen, I didn't tell him anything."

     "(Y/l/n) I tried to recruit you years ago to join S.H.E.I.L.D, and you denied. We already have a file on you, and if Tony finds it-."

     You cut him off, "He's not going to. Listen, I was planning on telling him soon, things just got complicated."

     "Complicated how?"

     "Tony is my soulmate."

     Fury laughed, leaning forward placing his hands on the table, "Are you fucking serious?"

     You nodded, "Made it official last night." You rolled up your sleeve to show where his initials were now marked in your skin.

     Fury sighed, "Well at least you're the one that gets to put up with him for the rest of time. Maybe now he won't piss me off so much."

     Now it was your turn to laugh, "Tony, not pissing you off? Fury I think you need to jump to a different timeline for that outcome."

     "Listen, I think you should go talk to Strange. I know Tony is up to something in his lab and before he finds out, you need to put your past in check. You chose to ignore who you are for who you want to be. That bracelet of yours isn't going to be your pillow, (y/l/n)."

     "Who I am? Fury you realize I barely have a clue as to who I am. Everything I knew about my life was a lie. After you paid me a visit right before the Battle, I created my suit. I'm brilliant, I had the ability to create technology that not even Tony was able to think of yet. I mastered nanotechnology. I don't need my past, the life I created for myself is more than enough." You were angry, you knew deep down Fury was right, but you would never admit it to him.

     "Your right, you don't need your past, but if you're working on your suit, and your training," He trailed off for a moment, giving you a stern look, "You're thinking about joining S.H.I.E.L.D now. I'm not going to say I'm not happy to finally have you, but you can't hide yourself forever. Go talk to Strange. I'll be in contact."

     You nodded before exiting through the door and back down the hall. Your still damp hair was a mess now, so you pulled it up into a bun before getting in the elevator and heading down to the training room. You didn't even care that you were in jeans, you lined up with a punching bag and started throwing punches. Softer at first and as your anger bubbled over inside of you, they became stronger.