Chapter 25

(Y/N) POV:

After you got yourself cleaned up, you found yourself back in your bedroom, brushing your teeth and taking deep breaths to try to settle your stomach. A soft knock was heard at the door, you rinsed your mouth in the bathroom sink before opening the door and revealing Nat and Bruce standing in the door way. You sighed, walking back to your bed and sitting down.

"I gave him a sedative, he'll probably be out for the rest of the day, but now I need to check on you." Bruce said, approaching you carefully.

"I'm fine Bruce. I should get back to Tony." You said, trying to push past them, but Nat grabbed your arm.

"We talked about this last night (y/n), you're too sick, we need to make sure you and little one are getting enough nutrients." Nat said, her eyes trailing down to your stomach.

"I'm fine, Morgan is fine. I'm going to go sit with Tony. If you feel so compelled to poke me with needles, you can do so from Tony's bedside."

You ripped your arm from Nat's grip and made your way down to Tony, when you saw him your eyes immediately filled with tears. Seeing him so frail and asleep is nothing you've ever known before. While you sat with him, Bruce came in and slid an IV in your arm, trying to hydrate you.

"There's an anti-nausea medicine in here as well. In a few hours we can try to have you eat again."

You nodded before Bruce walked out of the room, leaving you and Tony alone. You ran your fingers through his hair, and placed a kiss on his head. You sat there for a few hours, other members of the team walk past, but none of them coming in to bother you. Bruce came in once to change Tony's IV and removed yours. Your stomach felt much calmer now, but your nerves still radiated through you while you waited for Tony to wake.

Finally when he did, the sun was once again setting and his eyes fell to yours immediately, "I'm sorry." He said again.

You shook your head, "I'm sorry I wasn't there with you."

"No, (y/n), you need to understand what would have happened to you if you were. He's a monster, you wouldn't have survived. I don't know what I would do without you, or Morgan."

"It's time to retire." You said to him.

He nodded in agreement, his head falling back on the pillow as he reached for you. You climbed into the small hospital bed with him, resting your head on his shoulder, and falling asleep.

You woke the next morning with sunlight spilling through the open windows. After Bruce gave Tony the okay to go back to your rooms, that's exactly what you did. You helped him into the shower, as he sat on the ground, still weak, you ran a wash cloth over his body.

"You feeling better?" You asked him as the soap ran off his body.

"Tons." He smiled at you.

When he was showered and changed, the two of you sat out on the balcony off of your bedroom, watching the silent universe around you. What used to be filled with people and animals, ran quite.

"There's something I want to show you. F.R.I.D.A.Y can you pull up files on Lake Stark?"

"Of course, boss." The A.I said before photos of a beautiful lake with a log cabin on it appeared along the railing of the balcony.

"Tony what's this?"

"This, is our retirement home."

"What?" You said, a smile radiating towards your soon to be husband.