Chapter 5

Tony's POV:

     It's been a few weeks since you joined the team, any Tony couldn't be more thrilled with everything you're doing for him and the rest of the Avengers. You've mandated family dinners every Sunday where you cook one of your many delicious meals, you've organized everybody's schedules so nobody is overlapping while training, and you've even helped Happy close any breaches or loopholes in the security system for the tower. Most of your time spent on the office level either in yours or in Tony's lab, and he loved it.

     Working in his office on more versions of nanotechnology suits, he thought back to the morning you showed him yours.

     "You didn't put in your resume that you're a superhero," He said, a stern tone to his voice.

      You chuckled, sending Tony's stomach into a fit of butterflies, "I'm not a superhero. I've always had this ability to know something big is going to happen before it does. So, shortly before the battle of New York, I had the same feeling, and I created this. It was just in preparation, and I'm thankful, because I was out there during that battle. This suit kept me alive."

     Tony felt a pang of guilt in his stomach from the idea of you running through the streets while the world's first alien encounter unraveled right before your eyes. You began explaining how you got your suit to work, and how it all fit in a bracelet. While Tony was only partially listening, he felt as if his heart was screaming for you, he just wanted to touch you. He wanted to push your (straight/wavy/curly) (h/c) hair out of your face and kiss you.

     He didn't know if this feeling was the Universe screaming at him, or if he was simply falling for you because of all that you were capable of. Tony has never met someone as smart as him, well except questionable Bruce, and he wasn't even jealous that you were smarter than him. He could listen to you talk all day, and that's exactly what he did.

     "Well, good morning, my ridiculous boss. I'm going to start telling F.R.I.D.A.Y to lock down your work no later than midnight if you don't start sleeping," You laughed, handing him his morning coffee.

     He scoffed, "Not that it's much of your business, but I'm working on something extremely important, and top secret."

     "Top secret you say? Seeing as I have SHEILD level clearance, I think I should know about this. I don't have to get Fury involved, do I?" You raised a finger in his direction, giving him a very questionable look.

     You had met Fury a few weeks ago after Tony refused to answer any of his calls, when Fury showed up and told you that Tony was avoiding him, you ended up scolding Tony to the same degree as Fury would. From that point on Fury loved you, and Tony hated it.

     "Do not get Fury involved with this, (y/n). There's not much you could do to make me fire you, but that's one of them," He laughed rolling his eyes in your direction.

     "Oh don't be stupid, Tony. You'd never fire me." Your voice was strong and confident.

     Tony knew he could never fire you, the simple thought of not having you in the tower made his heart ache. Tony has grown to crave your presence, asking you to help him more than Bruce. While Bruce didn't mind, he still wasn't particularly fond of the giggling and ridiculous arguments that always came from the two of you.

     "So, (y/n), I have a very important question for you." Tony said, pushing himself away from his table and walking in circles around you.

     "And what would that me, Stark?" Your arms now folded across your chest, you stood straight, and didn't falter from Tony's intimidation tactic.