Chapter 14

Tony's POV:

     Tony was sitting next to your bedside, your eyes were still shut, your (e/c) eyes hidden behind your tired eye lids. It's been three days since the mission, and you had yet to wake up, your injuries being a lot more extensive than what was visual. Tony continued to replay in his head what happened that day and questioned your abilities. His heart ached watching you sleep in the hospital bed, but his blood also boiled with the idea you lied to him.

     Your sobs echoed through Tony as he could feel your pain. He could feel that pressure in your chest because it was very much inside of him as well. Tony reached forward, his ringers gently wrapping around your shoulder. He hated seeing you like his, you finally got your mom back to lose her again in all under an hour. Tony watched as you let out a broken scream, before a shockwave of purple smoke appeared from your body. Tony was thrown back, his suit the only thing keeping him from hitting the ground.

     Tony was brought out of his thoughts when Wanda appeared at the door. He had not left your room to see any of the others, but they came in when they could to visit, but also to check in on Tony seeing that his sleeping habits have gotten even worse in the last three days.

     "How are you, Tony?" Wanda's soft voice said, as she sat next to him.

     "Did you know?" He asked her, meeting her eyes.

     Wanda searched his eyes, reading all of the emotions that ran through his mind, "Yes. I knew, but Tony, you need to understand why she didn't tell you."

     He sighed, standing from his seat looking out the window to the overview of New York. Taking in the last few days he's going to have of this view before moving upstate to the new Avengers compound.

     "That's what I can't understand, why wouldn't she tell me?"

     "Because she didn't know who she is. Her upbringing was always questioned, (y/f/n) wiped her memory of her biological parents once she was turned over to him and (y/m/n). She had no idea about any of it. Shortly before the New York situation happened, Fury found her. Told her everything, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. She started learning the Mystic Arts, and she was successful, but it only scared her more," Wanda paused to look at Tony again, causing him to turn around and watch her again, "She stopped practicing, cut off her parents completely, built her suit, and found her way here. Fury has been pushing her for weeks to go see Strange to practice, and she did. She started training with me then as well. I taught her how to work with her inner power."

     "But why wouldn't she tell me that she knew Fury?"

     Wanda sighed, shaking her head, "Tony, you still to this day have a hard time talking about what happened during the battle of New York. The same reason you can't talk about that, are all the same reasons she didn't talk about this."

     Tony opened his mouth to say something, but a flick of anger flashed across Wanda's face, snapping before words could fall from Tony's mouth, "Tony Stark, don't you dare for a second think she kept this from you only to get close to you. She came into her power when she was ready, and it's a good thing she's ready now, because I have a feeling we're going to need her. She's more powerful than I am. She just doesn't know how to control it yet."

     "Wanda, I-."

     "No, Tony, I'm talking. What you don't realize is that there is nobody in history who has been able to wield the Ebony Blade without absorbing it's negative energy. That blade creates monsters. It was believed that whoever could wield it, became the Black Knight. Now I don't know if that means (y/n) is the Black Knight, or if she's just the most powerful being on the planet, but I do know, I can't even touch that blade without absorbing its energy. She's powerful, and she's trusted by forces that you know nothing about."