006. DRONE STEALING

The pogues are on the boat when JJ whistles.

"You guys see that?" The blonde asks, pointing to a boat that holds Topper and Sarah. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope says.

"Trust me, I know." Cordelia mumbles.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie states.

"Well, maybe they're assholes, but it is a nice boat." Cordelia says, earning an eye roll from Kie.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie snarks as the two boats go by each other.

+++

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says as John B pulls up to the hotel. JJ reaches into the glove compartment and pulls out the gun.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B says.

"What?" JJ asks.

"JJ." John B says.

"You can never be too careful." JJ says.

"You mean too idiotic?" Cordelia asks.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope says.

"Thank you, Pope." John B says.

"I second that. So, if you don't put that thing back, I will use it to shoot you." Cordelia threatens, giving her brother a sweet smile.

"Then I'm going to throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie adds. "Put it back."

John B grabs the gun from JJ, putting it back in the glove compartment.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ protests.

"Nobody got shot, leave it alone." Cordelia says.

"Can't forget my badge." JJ says, getting said object out before getting out of the Twinkie. "Professional busboy."

"More like professional dumbass." Cordelia rolls her eyes. JJ sticks his tongue out at her and she does the same to him.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asks.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ says. "This way!"

They get in through the kitchen, JJ leading the way.

"Andrew! What's up, bro?" JJ nods at him. "Mama L, good to see you." He says, trying to grab some food off what she's working on.

"Hey, no, JJ!" She slaps his hand with the wooden spoon.

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ says. He leads the way until they're in a room full of computers, all rushing in, JJ shutting the door behind them.

"Sweet Lord, the internet!" Pope cheers, rushing to a computer. "I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. I gotta check out my Insta models." JJ says.

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" Cordelia asks.

"Oh, please. Like you don't wanna look up new serial killer updates or pictures of Timothee Chalamet or Sebastian Stan." JJ retorts. "At least my models aren't twice my age."

"They also don't know you exist." Cordelia argues.

"Just like you two guy crushes don't know about your existence." JJ replies. Cordelia mocks him making him mock her back and they continue to do so until Kie steps in front of them, pushing them a bit away from each other.