031. CAUGHT

The next morning, Pope and Kie had arrived, tying their boat off at the dock and their friends met them outside -- with Fletcher who was helping Cordelia limp out. They were both fairly shocked to find Fletcher with their friends.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Kie asks, pointing to the younger kook.

"Oh, yeah, uh, Cordelia has a new bestie." JJ spits, grimly smiling.

"What?" Kie asks, confused.

"Oh, and he knows about basically everything. Y'know, gold and all." JJ continues.

"What?!" Kie shrieks.

"I'm sorry." Cordelia says, sitting on a large rock. "What else do you want me to say?" She asks her brother.

JJ, not having an answer really, just clenches his jaw and looks away from her.

The group catch Kie and Pope up on what they missed last night, and are now trying to figure out what to do.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Sarah says.

"Before everyone knows." Pope adds.

"Well, with Cordelia here it's probably soon." JJ says.

"It was one person and I was high." Cordelia says.

"Bigger issues right now." John B says. "The last thing we need right now is you two going at each other's throats."

"I told you." JJ scoffs. "We should have just gone south, man."

"JJ, just stop it." John B says.

"Why does no one ever listen?" JJ asks.

"I get it. I get it! I understand." John B says.

"I have an idea." Sarah says. "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah, Sarah--" John B tries.

"He's gonna choose me." Sarah states.

"You sure about that?" Cordelia asks.

"Yes." Sarah nods.

"Just please listen." John B interjects. "Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."

"Sarah, he's not gonna agree after everything that's happened." Kie says.

"No, I... I know it sounds crazy." Sarah says.

"Beyond crazy." Cordelia corrects.

"Yeah, it does." Kie agrees.

"I know!" Sarah exclaims. "But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours."

Nobody objects, though none of them seem pleased with the idea. Sarah slowly gets up and starts walking away.

"Sarah." John B calls, going over to her and they have a private short conversation.

+++

Cordelia, John B, and Pope are sitting near the water while Kie and JJ are off collecting wood for a fire should they need one. Fletcher went home, Cordelia practically forcing him to go. She assured him that she could deal with JJ and Kie's cold shoulders and she at least had John B and Sarah who didn't hate her and Pope doesn't seem to either.

They've also moved further away from the house, but not super far that Sarah wouldn't easily find them.

"The tape, you heard it?" John B asks.

"Just a few seconds. But it's definitely Gavin." Pope says. "I think Ward might have betrayed Limbrey like he did your dad. Do you think Limbrey and your dad might have been working together?"