033. WRONG CAMERON

Sarah and Cordelia get to Deach's Point around 10PM, getting on one of the boats to try to find Wheezie.

"Wheezie?" Sarah calls. "Come on, Wheeze." She mumbles after not getting an answer.

"Maybe she's just late. Would she text you if she couldn't get away?" Cordelia asks.

"She definitely would've texted." Sarah says.

"Unless they took her phone away." Cordelia argues.

They hear something and start going in the direction it came from.

"Is that you?" Sarah asks, hope and a building excitement in her voice. "Wheeze?" They pass all the stuff on the boat only to find Rafe.

"You're fucking joking." Cordelia whispers to herself.

"Nah, not Wheezie." Rafe says.

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" Sarah asks. She grabs onto Cordelia's hand and pushes her back a bit.

"Don't worry about it." Rafe says. "Listen-- whoa." he says, walking closer to them as they back up a bit. "It's all good. I... I just... I just... I needed to talk to you, like, a little bit. I mean, is that okay? Privately?"

"Don't come near me." Sarah orders as Rafe starts to walk closer, but stops at her outstretched hand. "And she is not going anywhere."

"Cause-- cause what you do, Sarah, affects me, okay?" Rafe says. "You don't... you don't think of that, do you?"

"You shot me, Rafe." Sarah reminds.

"That's it, right? It's... it's always my fault, right?" Rafe says.

"Ve-Very much so, y-yeah. I-I mean, unless somebody ma-made you pull the trigger. Again." Cordelia remarks. Rafe glares at her.

"Stay out of it, stutter mouth." Rafe warns, the younger girl glaring right back at him. He turns back to his sister. "But, it's always my fault? Like, uh... you know, I... I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work, and I'm the bad guy for trying to... to hold on to it?"

"It's not yours." Sarah says.

"Yo-You didn't d-do shit." Cordelia says.

"Like I'm wrong to protect what's mine, huh?" Rafe asks loudly. He seems to recollect himself -- or pretend to, anyway. "Listen to me, okay?" He says softly. "the cops are going to talk to you, and... and I need to make sure the story's straight because--"

"You killed Peterkin. My story's straight." Sarah tells him.

Rafe shakes his head lightly, rolling his eyes.

"Listen to me, this would go so much better for you if you would just--"

"Who are you trying to protect here? Huh?" Rafe asks.

"I'm trying to do the right thing." Sarah says quietly.

"You're trying to do the right thing?"

"I can't-- you're-- you're--"

"You doing the right thing-- no, you're not listening to me. You doing the right thing is the reason that you got shot. Because you were following John B."

"John B might get the death penalty because of you!"

"That! That right there. That's... that's exactly what I'm talking about, Sarah. You know?" Rafe sits down. "You've always been against me."

"No I haven't." Sarah softly objects, shaking her head. Cordelia tightens her grip on the girl's hand who holds onto her hand tighter as well.

"Don't shake your head." Rafe orders. "And you still are. No, no, no, no. You're not just against me. You're... you're against us. We're your family, and you're against us. You know, dad always takes your side, right? Cause you're gonna cry in front of him like you cried in front of me. But you listen to me. I'm a proactive type of person, Sarah. And we have a problem, and I gotta solve that problem tonight. Do you understand?"