018. POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP AND MORE APOLOGIES

Cordelia lets out a small groan as she wakes up. She opens her eyes, squinting at the sun shining through the curtains. She slowly sits up, wincing in pain from her injuries, and looks around. She's confused at first, but quickly remembers where she is and why.

She hears footsteps and looks towards the door to see Fletcher walk in.

"Hey." Fletcher greets.

"Hi." Cordelia tiredly mumbles.

"Here. Figured you might be hungry." Fletcher says, holding out a granola bar and bottle of water to her.

"Thanks." Cordelia takes the items, immediately ripping the wrapper open and biting into the granola. "Also, thank you for last night."

"For what?" Fletcher shrugs.

"Well, for listening to me and supplying weed." Cordelia smiles and Fletcher laughs.

"What all do you remember?" Fletcher asks.

"Well, I remember everything before I got high, of course. And then I remember you apologizing, which I will consider, even though you're on the right path... and I also remember basically asking you to have sex and you turning me down."

"Yeah." Fletcher nods.

"Thank you for that. I definitely would've been regretting it right now." Cordelia says. "And, I am also a virgin, so not how I wanted to lose it either."

"Do you remember anything else?" Fletcher asks.

"No. Why? Did I do something totally stupid and embarrassing?" Cordelia worriedly asks.

"No. No, nothing like that. You should probably get back to your gang, though, Scooby. Before they start worrying too much." Fletcher says.

"Scooby? Gang? I explained that to you?" Cordelia asks and he nods. "Did I... explain anything else?"

"Well, you mentioned what you guys were currently doing." Fletcher says.

"You mean--"

"Gold? Yeah." Fletcher nods and Cordelia's expression turns into horror.

"oh, my God. Oh, fuck! No. No, no, no. They're gonna freaking kill me." Cordelia panics, letting go of the granola bar to grip at her hair.

"Hey, hey, I'm not gonna tell anybody." Fletcher says, gently pulling her hands from her head. "And you don't have to tell them you told me. I'll act like I don't know anything."

"But if they do find out somehow, they're gonna be so pissed." Cordelia says. "Shit." She hisses. "God, Cordelia, you fucking idiot." She grumbles to herself.

"Hey, you're not an idiot. You were high. You probably couldn't control at least half, if not all, of the stuff coming out of your mouth." Fletcher says. "But they are probably worried about you."

"Yeah, well, they're also not really who I totally wanna be around right now." Cordelia lightly scoffs.

"True, but you want gold, don't you?" Fletcher asks.

"That's a really good point that I actually kinda hate." Cordelia says. "I mean, between the fighting and the near death situations, I... hopefully that much gold is even fucking worth it."

"You'll be kook rich. You can probably get away from all this crap. I find that to be worth it." Fletcher says.

"You wanna get away from all this?" Cordelia asks.

"Why do you think I hide out in an abandoned house half the time." Fletcher chuckles. "my parents suck, Topper sucks, the whole kooks vs. pogues thing sucks. I would give anything to just go off and be my own person, not having to worry about any of them. I'm practically invisible to 'em anyway, so... who would care?"