035. GOODBYE KING OF THE KOOKS

"Guys, the thing that Limbrey said, I don't think she meant to let it slip." Pope says as the six are in the Twinkie with John B driving. JJ is in the passenger seat, Pope is sitting behind John B, and the girls are all sharing the bench in the back. "She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo."

"Wait. Can I see that?" JJ asks, reaching for the key and Pope gives it to him.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah asks.

"She probably thinks we are." Cordelia says.

"I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope says.

"Well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Kie informs, looking at her phone.

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ asks.

"Shit, talk about over gifting. Look at that thing." Kie shows them a drawing of a cross that's next to a drawing of a man, the cross bigger the person. "Looks like there's a person standing next to it."

"So it's a giant ass cross." JJ says.

"If we were to, like, find this, we don't have to, like... carry that thing, do we? Cause I don't... I don't think we could." Cordelia says.

"It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces. It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829." Kie informs.

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ asks.

"Oh, no. Not the triangle." John B says.

"It always leads back to the triangle, dude." JJ says. "Like every single time something's weird, it's Bermuda."

"Okay, well, what does a key found above your meemaw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kie asks Pope. "Where do we come in?"

"I don't know. That's a good question." Pope says.

John B pulls up outside of Shady Acres and JJ gets out. JJ slides the back door open and Pope gets out.

"Hey, um, actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." Pope says when Kie starts to get out.

"Are you sure?" Kie asks.

"Yeah. I can handle it. I don't really need you, so..." Pope shrugs.

"Damn." Cordelia mumbles.

"Oh, we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we?" JJ sarcastically asks.

"Oh, yeah, you've been happy for a while." Cordelia sarcastically shoots back.

JJ slides the door shut after Kie gets back in before getting back in the passenger seat.

"Hey, man, pick you up in a bit." John B says as Pope starts to walk to the building.

+++

John B parked the Twinkie and the girls got out and went into a small store to get drinks for themselves while John B and JJ stayed in the van. Cordelia didn't really wanna deal with walking, but she also rather be with the girls than the boys.

"Of course I thanked Topper. He saved my life, and I'd put him through so much already. And you'd think that that is the crime of the century." Sarah says.

"Tell me about it. All of this crazy shit's happening, and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him." Kie says.

"Well, I have zero problems with Fletcher, but I do have a brother who hates me." Cordelia says. She looks at Sarah, wincing. "Sorry. I mean, I guess it is good Jayje hasn't tried to kill me."