038. THE FOOT OF THE ANGEL

The five are on the porch, all lounging around, tired from last night's events. John B is slouched down in the arm chair, Pope is sitting in a different chair on the other side of the couch, and JJ is leaning against the screen, the blonde somehow having energy. The girls are both lying on opposite ends of the couch, their feet near each other's faces. Kie has her beanie over her eyes and John B has sunglasses on. Cordelia still has the trash can next to her and she had to use it a couple of more times through the night.

The guys are talking about the fight at the bonfire and slightly goofing off, Cordelia just wanting them to shut up.

"Hey." JJ warns when he sees Sarah walk in. "Well, hello, princess."

"What's up?" Kie asks.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players?" John B asks, taking the sunglasses off his face.

"Shut up, JB." Cordelia groans.

"Or did you break up with Topper?" John B asks, faking sympathy, nobody paying mind to Cordelia's demand.

"We're just friends." Sarah says, walking over to where Pope is.

"Oh, he's just a friend. You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron."

"Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own too."

"God, it's too fucking early for this." Cordelia mutters, covering her ear with her hand.

"All right, what are you doing here? What do you want?" John B asks her, sitting up.

"I'm here for Pope." Sarah states. "I think I found the island room."

+++

The group got changed into more weather appropriate and fresh clothes before making their way to Tannyhill.

"Guys, listen to this." Pope says. Him, Cordelia, and JJ are sitting on the bench in the back of the van with Kie sitting behind John B and Sarah is in the passenger seat. "The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Savior."

"So, wait, he's saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?" Kie asks.

"Yeah. It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady." Pope says.

"Mmm, yeah. "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well."" JJ says making the others look at him. "What? I went to Sunday school."

"Sure." Kie mutters.

"Well, that explains why Limbrey would want the cross so bad. She thinks it can heal her." Pope says.

"What else does it say?" Kie asks.

""Many feel that we have sinned to steal such a sacred thing, and God will strike His vengeance on us."" Pope reads.

"Thing is, God did have His vengeance." Kie says.

"He sent a hurricane to sink the ship." Pope says. "Only Denmark survived."

+++

They get to Tannyhill and Sarah leads them to a certain room.

"This place still freaks me out." John B says.

"Yeah, same." JJ agrees.

"Pope, look." Sarah says, leading them into the room. They all look around shocked at the drawings that have been uncovered.

"Whoa! You've got to be kidding me." Pope says in disbelief.

"Yeah. I know, right? It's the island room." Sarah says. "It's been here this whole time."