019. LITTLE WEED NEVER HURT

Four of the pogues sit on the dock at the chateau as John B informs them that Ward beat them to the gold.

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asks.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada." John B says. He lets out a quiet groan as he slips his cast off his arm.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" Cordelia asks.

"Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." John B says, tossing the cast aside.

"John B." Kie protests.

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture, who cares." John B says.

"The fracture." Cordelia comments.

"You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life." Kie says.

"It's fine. See?" John B says, wiggling his fingers.

Before Cordelia can say something else, they hear Pope yell out as he runs down the dock.

"Guys!" Pope reaches them, bending over with his hands on his knees as he catches his breath. "Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"You all right?" John B asks.

"How as the interview, Pope?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, did you, like, you know... pass or fail or whatever you're supposed to call it?" Cordelia asks.

"Don't ask." Pope pants.

"So I'm guessing fail." Cordelia mumbles.

"JB..." Pope pants for breath some more.

"Do you want some water?" Cordelia asks.

"Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything." Pope tells John B. "And yes." He tells Cordelia. She gives him her water bottle and he guzzles some of it donw.

"It's fine." John B dismisses.

"But--But I don't have a lot of  time, and-and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off."

"So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?""

"Gold." JJ mutters.

"That's right." John B agrees as Pope aggressively points to JJ in confirmation.

"Exactly." Pope says. "Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

"Guys, we can't give up now." Kie says.

"Another near death experience, here we come." Cordelia mumbles, standing up.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asks.

"We're gonna steal that shit back." John B states.

+++

"We go in there guns a blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vamonos, get the hell out of there." JJ says as he loads the gun.

"Send that shit right down the intercoastal." John B says.

"Wait for weather." Kie says.

"Exit to Cuba." Pope states.

"Cuba? No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan." JJ says. "Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

"Let's do this shit." John B says.