Uneasy times

I'm here this Saturday afternoon binge watching a show on Netflix while the rest of my immediate family is gone getting ready for the routine weekend festivities.  I get up out of my mountain of blankets to go to the door after I hear knocking.  When I look out the peep hole I see Brody.

He's standing there with I kid you not, a vase with a dozen black roses.  "Hey Brody, what's up?"

"Hey Valerie, got a delivery for you is all."

"Me?" Confused I take the vase from him.

"Sure enough, enjoy, see you at school."

"OK, thanks Brody."  I take the vase into the kitchen and set them on the island.  I go to reach for the card when the front door opens and in walks Diesel.

"You scared the crap out of me!"  I scream.

He looks behind me.  "No I didn't.  There's nothing there."

"Funny funny.  Look what I got."

He looks curious.  "Who in their right mind would send you flowers?"

"Gee thanks Diesel."  I roll my eyes at him while I grab the card and read it.

VALKYRE,
IM SORRY BABE.  IM AN ASS.
KING

He's sorry.  See this is what I'm talking about.  One second he's ready to throw me in the basement, and the other he's trying to butter me up.  Ugh I can't take his bipolarness right now!

"Who are they from?"  Diesel asks me.

"Your president."  I grab up the vase and head out the door.

"What are you doing?"  He follows me out side.

I open the lid of the herby and throw them in.  Diesel is cackling.  "Oh man I can't wait to tell the boys about this one!"

"Diesel get out of my face!"  I walk back in and get my phone out.  I call the one number I don't really want to call.

"Valkyre."

"Leave me alone King.  I promise you I haven't done anything to the club or you.  I don't know how to prove that to you.  I don't understand you anymore.  We were friends once King.  A great uncle or whatever, but you're acting like I'm public enemy number one, and it's tearing me up.  I'm done with this game.  I won't come around anymore I promise.  I won't be able to cause any trouble anymore. Just please King, stop."

There's silence on the other end of the line. Then he speaks.

"First... I'm not your damn uncle.  Never have been, and definitely never will be.  I never said you messed up with the club for number 2.  And 3, Valkyre, stay away if you want for now, but there will come a time when we have this out!"  He goes silent.

With tears flowing down my cheeks I tell him... "okay King, whatever you say."

I spend the next two months hiding from the clubhouse.