A Princess and a Pauper

I am well aware of what my life has been and what my life will be while in the presence of my family. Some people and I have great times. Some, in particular, my mother, and her cronies have miserable times. She is the bane of my existence. Sad for a girl to say, I know, but true nonetheless.

My daddy is amazing! He has taught me so many things. He and the guys have been there through every big thing so far in my life! I am so happy being able to be apart of their world. I know there are things that I cant be involved with because I have other things to do and other responsibilities to handle, but they have really got me through some rough times in my life.

King is my daddy's best friend. He is also the boss around here. He does what he pleases. He doesn't have anyone telling him where he can or can't go, or what he can or can't do. He spends time with all the guys around here, and the ladies my mama hangs around think he is God's gift to this town.

I do have an older brother. Diesel is the typical older brother playing pranks on me at times, but quick to rescue me or back me up as well when needed. He has been doing more for daddy and King since he's gotten older, but he still makes time for me. He has a couple of close friends that go with him when he makes trips for King and daddy. Casanova and Mikey have been around my family as long as I can remember. Their mama is my mama's best friend. Their daddy was an army man, but he just didn't come home one time, so we look out for them.

There are plenty of other guys that hang around. We have several family members as daddy likes to call them. We have a gun range, a bakery, an auto shop, a tattoo shop, a construction company, a restaurant, and a boutique. I know what you're thinking... why in the world do we need to have so many businesses? I personally think that King just doesn't trust anyone outside of "the family" to take care of his needs. If you don't wear the black rose patch or a female affiliate of the black rose patch, he considers you an outsider.

My life has been like a two way mirror. On one side, I am treasured. Daddy, King, and the guys have taught me all the crazy tomboy things you can teach a little girl including the wilder things the guys in my life like as well. I can shoot, hunt, ride, and fight pretty dang good for a chick my age, height, and weight.

On the other side of that mirror...I am put down for my weight. I am pushed around and belittled. I am forced to keep secrets that I know I shouldn't. It's all for the one person in my life that is supposed to love me the most... my mother. She's wearing my patience thin. Soon she is going to have to understand that I am not the pushover she wants me to be. I am going to have to be the princess all the time and stop being the pauper in her wannabe queen shadow.