Waking up a Queen

When I feel myself stirring I hear beeping.  My head is pounding.  I moan.  Right as I moan I feel two hands on each of my own hands. "Valkyrie,  its King and Viking baby, we're here."

"King?"  I grasp.  My throat is so dry. "Water, please water King."  

"Here baby." Viking puts a straw to my lips.  I sip the water to ease the burn in my throat.  I open my eyes to see them both beside me.  They look ragged. 

"Guys, please don't take this the wrong way, but you both look so rough." I whisper to them

They smile at me. "It's been a rough three weeks Valkyrie.  I think you aged us another thirty years."  King tells me while Viking smirks at him.  

"Me?  What did I do?"  I'm clueless to what they're talking about.

Viking starts talking.  "Baby do you not remember anything from the party?"

"Of course I do.  I remember cake, talking, presents.  Oh my bracelet was amazing.  I love it."  I lift my wrist up. "Where is it, and why am I in a hospital bed and feel like I've been ran over by a mac truck?"  I start to freak out as everything catches up to me.  The beeping gets quicker.

"Easy baby, we're here.  We'll tell you everything.  You gotta calm down or you'll get us kicked out of here and they'll drug you up again."  King tells me patiently.

"Okay what happened?"

"Valkyrie we were attacked during the party.  The Hellraisers came.  They came for you.  They came in guns blazing.  Pyro was gathering all you ladies to take to the safe room and they got a shot on you.  They shot you in your side baby girl.  It shattered two ribs, went through a lung and out your back.  We lost you twice.  The doctors said in the ambulance but the EMTs got you back and again in surgery, but they were prepared.  You've been in a medically induced coma for almost three weeks.  Your birthday has come and gone.  We draped your new Queen kutte across the end of your bed.  We've been with you the entire time."  Viking explains as much to me as he thinks I can handle.

"Oh my god!" I shudder.  "Where is Harley? Daddy Diesel?  Who did we lose?" I scream at him.

"Valkyrie, Harley, your daddy, and Diesel are all fine."  King tells me.  i look over to him and shake my head.  "Luckily, we've been prepared for this.  We had a plan together for this if it was to have happened.  We only lost one brother." He looks down.

"Who King?" I ask seriousness taking me over.

"We lost Alex."  He tells me and the tears start to fall down my cheeks.

"No King.  He's sacrificed so much for us already. "

"We know baby." Viking says as he kisses my hand.

During his interrogation Alex confessed to his role in the scamming of Viking.  My mother had come to him with evidence of a sister he didn't know he had who was being held by the Hellraisers.  She told him that he had to go along with her plan because if they didn't the hellraisers were going to rape his sister and sell her to the highest bidder.  She is a nineteen year old girl going to community college for nursing.  He went along with the plan to ensure her freedom.  She was kept at the hellraiser compound for two years.  Alex only got weekly reports on her.  They did provide pictures of her going to campus.  Come to find out Alex and Hannah, his sister had an estranged uncle from their mother's side who wanted to take over the Black Roses and saw in in with making chaos between them and the Rattlers.  My mother planned to take money from daddy and live the rest of her life with her own freedom knowing the rest of us were either dead or being used and tortured by the hellraisers.

"Baby we called in Bear and his boys.  They went in with us to the hellraiser compound to take care of what was left there.  I hate to tell you baby, but your mother was there.  They decided to renig on whatever arrangement she had with them.  She's dead baby.  They tortured her."

Silent tears fall from my eyes.  Even though she was far from a mother to me I wouldn't have wished torture and pain on her.  To disappear quietly into the great unknown sure, but not torture.  "How's daddy" I ask him.

"Your father is on his way, we've already texted him.  He seems unaffected by your mother other than seeing her as a traitor.  I'm sure it hurts him even if their marriage was a farce. He'll be here soon."

"How long do I need to stay here?" I ask them both.

"We're not sure.  I'll go get the doctor and let him talk to us."  Viking says as he gets up.

"Baby I want you to know we had a great service for Alex.  When they let you go we'll take you to the grave."  King tells me and I nod to him.  "We also rescued his sister.  Pyro is staying close to her.  She's been through so much.  We've been trying to get her to go to therapy, but she's not ready yet."

"When I get home, I'll talk to her.  Update me on how things have went with daily life since all this happened." I tell him.

"Well, we had all the guys leave the compound within a few days of the attack at the graduation party.  Bowser, Diesel, and Runner helped our new brothers get settled in.  The ones with families went into the six mobile homes we had set up, and the rest went into the renovation clubhouse.  We put an addition for more barracks onto the sides of the clubhouse.  All the club bunnies have a mobile home they share in the back of the compound.  Hannah moved into your daddy's house, even with Pyro being stuck to her like glue."

"Wow a lot has been going on." I say.

"Yep, we contacted Bear told him all that had happened, and he was on his way.  When he and his guys got here, we took a few days to get a plan together, then we took out the hellraisers."

At that we hear the door open up.  Viking comes in with a man with grey hair and glasses.  "Hi there Miss Valerie, how are you feeling?" He asks me.

"I'm really sore, but I guess that's to be expected with everything."

"Yes, unfortunately gunshot are quite painful.  Do you mind if I examine you quickly?"

"Sure go ahead."  He comes over.  He listens to my heart and my breathing.

"Looks like your lung is healing up nicely.  It won't be healed fully for quite a while, but im not concerned over its progress.  We'll try to get you up slowly, and if things go good you should be able to get out within a week."  The doc smiles at me while he looks at the bandages I didn't even know were on my side.

He makes his regard to the guys and walks out.  A nurse comes in to hang some antibiotics and says that the team will get me up to try and shower in about an hour.  I shake my head and thank her.

Now its time to heal so I can get out of here!