The time between

True to his word King called me each evening.  It was awkward the first couple of nights.  To see him on the screen with all the tension still lingering inside was something different to me.  The third night he called he knew I was still on the fence about everything.

"Valkyrie, I can see the guessing on your face.  What's on your mind"?

"It just seems so weird.  I've wondered for so long what it would be like if you even gave me the slightest attention.  I wondered what it would be like to mean more to you than just the VP's daughter, just the princess".  I was honest with him.

His face took on a smirk I've seen a time or two in time spent just the two of us.  "I remember the summer before last when you had an obsession with red slushes. I took you to the seven eleven at least five times a week.  I caught so much shit from the brothers about making sure the queen got her fix.  I flipped them off every time, but secretly I liked the fact they noticed that I always took care of you".  He looks at me through the screen.

"I can't wait for time to go by, and you come home Valkyrie.  I want to prove to you that I do care.  I want you. Forever.  I know the last few months you have been getting all these mixed signals from me, but I felt like I was hanging on by a thread.  I want time to go by so quickly".  He looks at me like he wants to will me to understand him.

"I want to come home too, but I don't want to come home and cause you pain either.  At least now I know I'm not gonna end up in a cell". I chuckle.

"Not a chance in hell..  Now will we have to burn that ass up every now and then to keep you in line..."

Hey now, don't be getting cocky!" I yell.

"Oh honey, trust me, when I redden that juicy ass for you, there'll be pleasure to be had for you too.  And now doubly so.  I wonder what you'll look like when I'm spanking you and...."

My door busts open.  "King, brother, hold it in.  I can hear only so much".

"Viking! Are you easedropping"? I half holler half ask him.

"Valkyrie, my bed is right there." He points to the wall.  "I hear all."

"Ahh, I see.  I'm too much for you to handle Viking.  Is that it?" I tease him from my seat on the bed. King is chuckling from the screen.

"Valkyrie, you're playing with fire.  Be ashamed if you got burned...."

Viking turns to leave with his hand on his chest.  "Goodnight Valkyrie, goodnight brother."  King and I both say goodnight to him as he leaves the room.

"Valkyrie I may not be able to call tomorrow.  We're having council about Alex.  We're gonna get to the bottom of this whole treaty business."

"King that just doesn't seem like Alex.  Why would he do something like that?  He has no one but the club.  I'd make Jules talk.  I mean really talk.  Did daddy tell you about the letter I left him when I took the money from the book?"

"What letter Valkyrie?  He's never said anything about a letter."

"I figured that's what you meant when you said that you thought daddy was gonna be taking care of Jules."

"No that was about her credit card bill, and not pulling her weight in club responsibilities.  Now what was this letter all about?"

"The night I shot the trespasser at the fence I was walking across the field because I didn't want her to hear my truck start.  Plus I had already loaded the desserts for the next day in the backseat.  I had just heard a conversation she was having on the phone.  She had told me she didn't want me downstairs.  The conversation was with someone she said she was sleeping with so that they would hack daddy's account to take money from him.  Apparently she's supposed to have been feeding this person information too.  The person on the line said that they wanted me as well.  She did say no to that, so that's a plus on her part, but still, King, what the crap is she doing?  Then Viking said he talked to her about me being the treaty token for the roses... she's into something.  You guys need to be focusing on her... who's to say she's not pulling Alex's strings somehow?"