confused, yet amused

Molly leads me over to the couch of Vikings office.  She can tell that I'm really freaking out.  "Don't worry Valerie, I'm sure everything will be explained as soon as Viking gets back.  I'll go get you some Tylenol and some ice.  Do you need our doc to come check out your arm".

I turn to look at her.  "No I don't think so, it's just a tad bit sore.  It should be fine in a little while".  I smile at her.

"Okie dokie, I'll be right back".  She heads out the door of the office and closes it behind her.

I jump up almost immediately after the door closes.  "What the devil am I supposed to do now"? I'm pacing and so lost in my thoughts that I don't hear the door open or reclose.

"Why don't you ask me all the questions that are floating in your mind"?  I whip around to see Viking standing just inside the door.  I stare at him with clear surprise on my face.  "Valerie take a deep breath." I cant believe im actually listening to him.  "that's a good girl, now let it out nice and slow... good".  "Now why don't I start.  I'm Viking.  I took over the club two years ago.  My uncle ran the rattlers for years.  When I got back stateside and saw how he was running things, I gathered up some vetetan members, and we got rid of him.  That's how I came to power here".

I'm surprised he's even telling me these things.  "That's interesting.  I don't even think the black roses knows there is new leadership for the rattlers.  All I know is the black roses and the rattlers have had bad blood for years now.  There's always talk about war between the two clubs".

Viking looks at me with understanding in his eyes.  "My uncle was into some shady business, so it doesn't surprise me what has gone down.  The president before him was a good man.  He didn't have the rattlers into half the things my uncle Reaper did.  But I assure you the black roses know I took over.  Not long after I did I was reached out to by a brother in that club wanting to broker a peace between the two clubs.  Of course what better way to have peace than to become family.  You were offered to me as my old lady to ensure a peace between the clubs and I offered up our shipping route down to California".

Amazed at what he'd just said to me I asked "Shipping route.  We don't do shipping!  We have small businesses throughout our town that we operate, and none of them have anything to do with shipping.  Who were you talking to because two years ago I don't believe any member of the black roses would've even entertained the idea of arranging a marriage for me. I was only sixteen"!

Viking rushes to speak.  "I thought the same thing until I heard from your mother.  She assured me you were aware, and had no problem trying to make things work if it assured peace between the clubs.  I was on a mission to mend fences, and to keep several different clubs from landing on us like vultures.  I was and am ready to commit to you as my old lady in two months time".

My mouth is hanging open again.  "Why would you do that?  You don't know me.  I could be your worst nightmare of a woman.  And no one said a word to me about any of this.  What brother from the black roses reached out to you because they have led you on big time, and if my mother is involved there's money in it for her somewhere too".

I can see the anger well up in his face.  "I spoke to someone named Alex".  I pale.  The same Alex that was just defending me and helping me in the clubhouse a day and a half ago. "Something can't be right.  Alex wouldn't do this.  We've got to find out what's going on."  I look at Viking with a sad yet determined face.  "I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your club Viking, but I don't think the black roses knew anything of this peace treaty.  I found out some pretty crazy stuff about my mother before I left as a matter of fact that probably has quite a bit to do with this very issue.  However, if we don't call my father right now the black roses will blow this place apart to get to me.  At least I'd like to think they would.  I'm not so sure about that right now."

Viking looks up at me from his seat behind his desk that he made his way to during our conversation.  "Oh I wouldn't doubt how they feel about you, especially King.  Come over here, and we'll call them together.  I can't wait to hear what King has to say about our little Valkyrie".  Shocked, I stop in my tracks.  "What"?  He asks me.

I'm anxious.  "How do you know he calls me Valkyrie.  He's the only one who calls me Valkyrie".

He laughs.  " Come on over so we can call them.  I didn't know he called you that.  I just know that every Viking dreams that his woman would turn into a Valkyrie, and you've shown calmness yet resilience when faced with unknown obstacles and unexpected news.  You are my Valkyrie.  Maybe not only mine, but mine just the same".

I'm at a loss as I make my way over to Viking to call the black roses whether they have called up a witch hunt out for my flood or a hoard of demons on the hunt to free their princess I guess only time will tell.