Plans

After the humiliation I've faced at the clubhouse, I come home and get started on the desserts.  I make a variety of different things.  I make 3 cakes, 3 dozen cookies, a couple of pies, and 2 dozen cupcakes.  All of these things are in the favorite flavors of the brothers.

As it gets later, I get finished, and clean up the kitchen in our house.  As I'm hanging a dish towel on the stove handle in comes my mother.

"Please don't tell me you spent hours making desserts."  She sneers at me.

"I had to make them for the party tomorrow."  I look her dead in the eye.

"How much of it did you eat while you were cooking, because I know you did."

"I ate one oatmeal raisen cookie, and a red velvet cupcake.  Not that it matters because I've not had any dinner.  I don't plan to either.  I just want to shower and go to bed if that's OK with you.  I tell her.

"Well, yes thats actually a good idea.  I need to make some calls, and I don't need you around to eavesdrop."

"Fine Jules, whatever you want."  Yes, I know I don't call her mom or anything.  She stopped being that a long time ago.

"That's the respect I want to hear." She mumbles.

I make my way up the stairs, picking up her shoes and clothes as I go when I hear her get loud.

"What do you mean you couldn't get into the account.  I know he's putting money that should be in my pocket into this other account."  She's getting mad at whoever is on the other line.

"I'm not sleeping with you for nothing.  If I don't start seeing more money soon, it's over... don't you threaten me.  No, I can't give her to you.  Yes, I'm trying to get any info I can for you.  Bowser doesn't talk to me any more.  I'm pretty sure when his precious princess gets of age in a couple months I'll be gone anyway."

I rush up the stairs.  She's sleeping with someone she thinks has the skills to hack into bank records and steal money from daddy.  They are only together for show.  When I'm eighteen they won't be together anymore.  That someone wants me too.

What do I do?  I need to make a plan as to how I'm going to react to this.  I think it's safe to say that I'm not so preoccupied about the King mess.

I grab my jacket.  It is sometimes chilly at night.  I put my phone in my back pocket.  As I am sneaking out the back door I hear her fumbling around in the kitchen.  She's most likely looking for her booze.  I don't want her to know I'm leaving so instead of getting in my truck I start walking toward the other side of the huge field of building surrounding the clubhouse.

Alot of the members have houses inside the clubhouse compound.  King, as president, Daddy, as vice president, Casanova as road captain, Rock, as Sargent at arms, and then our three enforcers Diesel, Mikey, and Ghost.

As I am making my way through the dark I hear it before I see it.  The fencing is jingling.  I look toward it, and see someone trying to cut the fence.  Without hesitation I pull my automatic out of it holster, and fire a shot.  I hear a howl, and know I've hit someone.

Without thinking to check if they're dead I take off running as fast as my thunder thighs will take me.  It feels like I'm running as fast as I can when I bust through the main clubhouse door.

"KING!" I shout for him as loud as I can.  Alex makes it to me first as the music cuts.
"King! I'm still shouting for him, as Alex grabs my face.

"Valerie what happened? You're as white as a sheet."  Alex has me wrapped in his arms quickly.  I'm holding on to him for dear life.

"Alex, I think I might have just killed someone." I look him dead in the eye.  "They were cutting the fence Alex, I just reacted, please don't let King hurt me.  I ran the rest of the way here.  I didn't tell anybody.  I'm scared Alex."  I really don't know what I'm saying.  All I know is I shot somebody, and I don't want to be in a cell.

The brothers are all gathered around me.  They have stunned expressions on their faces.  "Val, honey look at me."  I turn to see my uncle Memphis.  "Nobody is going to hurt you sugar pop.  Not while uncle is here.  I have no idea why you think King of all men would hurt a hair on your head.  If anything he'll want to throw you a party for protecting your home."  He looks away from me.  "Rock, better get a couple prospects out to take a look at the fence.  I'll call Bowser and King.  Mikey you call Richie and Diesel.  Alex get her to her daddy's room, and help her to get rested.

I head out of the main room Alex holding me in his arms.  He's rubbing my hair and telling me how brave I was.  We open my daddy's room door, but it looks like a fight has broke out in here.  So, Alex just shuts it back and takes me in the direction of his own room.

"You can rest in my bed princess.  I'll stay with you until you are asleep.  After that I'll stand guard at the door ok."  He's looking me in the eye like he's devoting his life in a chivalrous mission.

I hug him tight.  "Thanks Alex.  I can't believe no girl hasn't plucked you up yet."  Smiling I walk in.  It's neat and clean.  Not alot of excess stuff, but homey anyway.  I like it.

I head straight for the bed.  Alex stops me.  "Here Val, put this on so you are more comfortable.  I'll step out just a sec so you can get changed."  I take the clothes and wait for him to leave the room.  He gave me a t shirt and sweats.  It'll work for me.  I wouldn't have been comfortable in my jeans anyway.

He comes back in.  "Shit, I'm digging my own grave."  I just laugh at him.  He smiles at me.  He pulls back the covers, then goes over to the other side.  He lays on top of the cover, but opens his arms wide.

I go over to him and lay my head on his chest.  "Alex I came over here to talk to daddy and King about something I heard Jules talking about on the phone.  I didn't want her to know I was leaving so I left my truck, which is loaded with desserts for tomorrow, and just walked.  That's when all the commotion happened.

"It'll all be ok princess, just wait til the other brothers get back.  Get some rest.  Don't worry about anything right now.  You're safe.  I've got you.  Sleep."  I listen to him and find it doesn't take long to drift off.